Monday, April 17, 2006

 

Champs - The early years (a & b sides)


Last saturday GMT 21-01 hours I was listening to an internet radiostation called VRockitRadio.I heard very nice oldies.

There was a request for a certain 'Jos' (he was 'chatting' there ; have to find out how I can join next time) : 61-Champs - Cantina.
I think I 'know' the guy. He's just like me (and a lot of other people) much more interested in the b-side's which are mostly more interesting than the well known a-side's.

As a kind of Eastern gift here's for him (and you !) the complete Champs Early singles collection. Bought this CD almost 9 years ago and it never bores me when playing.
Have to confess it was already some time ago but Jos' request was a good reason to take it out of my archives. Hope you will do the same.
For those who don't have this CD I've put a link and the tracklist in the comments so you can get to know them. The scans of the booklet is also included in the file.
If you like it buy the CD, it's much more better quality than I offer.

Comments:
I really like your site...Thanks Jean.
 
What a great album - thanks a million.

I'd only ever hear Tequila before so this was all new to me - great stuff !!
 
I can't thank you enough, I just discovered your blog, and downloaded both the champs and the johnny & the hurricanes comps (by the way I didn't know about johhny's passing away, it's very sad), I have almost all this stuff on cd, but is great to hear some pops & scratches once in a while.

I'm going to link you in my blog....
 
Champs - Early Singles

01 - Tequila
02 - Train To Nowhere
03 - El Rancho Rock
04 - Midnighter
05 - Chariot Rock
06 - Subway
07 - Turnpike
08 - Rockin' Mary
09 - Gone Train
10 - Beatnik
11 - Caramba
12 - Moonlight Bay
13 - Night Train
14 - The Rattler
15 - Sky High
16 - Double Eagle Rock
17 - Too Much Tequila
18 - Twenty Thousand Leagues
19 - Red Eye
20 - The Little Matador
21 - Alley Cat
22 - Coconut Grove
23 - Tough Train
24 - The Face
25 - Hokey Pokey
26 - Jumping Bean
27 - Sombrero
28 - The Shoddy Shoddy
29 - Cantina
30 - Panic Button

Copy and paste into one link :
htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/24511419/C-ES_JD.rar

Pass : JD_070405

When you see this in Google cache (or alike) you have to go to my BLog and this comment otherwise you cannot copy/paste the link !
 
I have the download .rar file and used the Pass provided but can't open the file. Using a Mac.

Can you tell me anything more about how to access the music?

I just visited your site via Grumpy's, which I use and like. However, your music and info is intriguing and I will be visiting more often now.

I am passionate about '50's rock and especially instrumentals, so I really liked the idea of Champs early music.
 
Me again. Never mind about the .rar file/password question. I didn't use upper case Alpha when I did it the first time. All is ok. Thanks.

Maybe you can edit my first post and use the info without the reference to the download.
 
I cannot edit comments, just accept or reject.
Of course I can (re)post an edited comment as anonymous myself but that wouldn't be fair...

I am glad you managed to extract the file at last ! It's great music indeed.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures