Monday, June 05, 2006

 

Blog 10.000 visitors

Well, well.
At my old age starting something completely new.
Two month's ago (april fools day) I also started a BLog. Just to keep up with you/the youngsters. To learn, to write etc. I still can't handle a mobile phone (sorry son) but I was proud like a child with my first (text only) post : I entered the new world !

Of course I hoped for some vistors somehow in the future but didn't expect too much of it. It would be a lonely matter.
And look now : 10.000 visitors (when you pronounce it it is even bigger) ! Above my wildest dreams.

Of course that will not be 10.000 unique visitors. It's just a counter you see.
Humble as I am ... I guess there will be only a 100 regular BLog visitors. So I thank you all for visiting me a 100 times each (some even twice a day to make the total correct ..) !
Seriously, so far it's been fun. It looks like I've been doing something worthwhile here. Not only to me but also to you.

It calls for a celebration. What to post ? My favorite song, LP, group ? Just a picture ? Do a poll first ?

Well I like the Stones. I don't see much of them on the various BLogs. A lot of Beatles (I hardly can write that name ..) but no Stones. A few weeks ago I played at home for two days only Rolling Stones. I think their starting period is the best. The cover period, the R&B period. Let's say 'till their 5th LP or so.

One song struck me (again). From their later 1978 LP/CD Some girls from which you can see info/tracklist at AMG the song 'Far away eyes'.
'I was driving home early sunday morning through Bakersville listening to gospel music on the colored radiostation and the preacher said ..'.
A great song. Kinda country (parody). Could be a Gram Parsons song.

Here's that LP Some girls. It's only 32Mb because I did it on 112Kbits vinyl, so the advice is to buy .... Hope you (my 100 friends ...) like it.

Up to the next 10.000 !

Look in the comments.

Labels:


Comments:
Congratulations Jean. Keep up the good work!
 
I'm one of the 100 regular visitors here, and I really appreciate your efforts!

However, there is no excuse for ripping music at low constant (CBR) bitrates anymore. You should learn to use Exact Audio Copy (EAC) with LAME VBR ripping to produce outstanding audio quality with small file sizes.
 
we all love you, hurrah~
 
Thanks for all the great posts.
I hope you stay in cyberspace for a long time.
Maybe I can ask some requests later consulting your enormous music memory.
 
Talking about reguests:
do you know this song?

I want a good man ????

I want a good man
A down right, uptight
Lord a good man
Now he don’t have to have
A handsome face
Just to love him
Oh yeah, to keep his faith
A man with courage and pride
Somebody, yes to stand by side

I want a good man………..

Some men in life think that women
Were made be used and ….
Girls are the same ……….
What we all should realize is, what goes up, must come down
……………..??????

Don't know the artist, writer of songtitle.
It's from the 50ties or 60ties.
My wife heard her mother sing it.
Irma Thomas was a guess, but that seems wrong.
My wife wants to sing the song herself be we couldn't find it.
 
Sylans your lyrics doesn't ring a bell to me.
Sorry.
I'm from Holland and although I like old UK/US music very much I'm not an expert.
I do everything 'out of my head'.

Someone else can be of help ?
 
Thanks jeansmusicblog for the great blog!

I think the song could be Laura Lee´s "Uptight, Good Man". Its Penn-Oldham soul classic she made for Chess in middle of sixties. Great song indeed and almost everything she made was top quality. Irma Thomas wasn´t so far as she also recorded for Chess in late sixties. Both are my personal favorites. I think you´ll find more information about Laura via google, she should have nice website if I remember right. Soul, man!

Masi from Finland
 
Link :

http://rapidshare.com/files/319973/RS-SG-78_06_2.rar

Pass : JeanDupree_724
 
I'd never heard this album before, although "Miss you" seems familiar, was that a single? I was a Beatles fan as a kid, rather than the Stones, but that doesn't mean I didn't like the Stones, far from it, I thought they were great too. I certainly agree with your comment about the early Stones period being their best, I think the same about the Beatles even though their most creative period came later. I think we both like that raw edge that came with the R&B era. Although none of these tracks stand out dramatically for me, the album is excellent rock n roll and I like it, like it, like it!;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures