Saturday, June 17, 2006

 

Gene Vincent rockin' date

At my age I don't want to date again.

A good thing having mp3's is one can compile cd-r's with about 8-10 hours of music.
In the past I made compilations with just one artist/group but also with just one style or just a 'various' compilation.

Yesterday it was quite hot.
To make it even hotter I put a r'n'roll/rockabilly cd-r in the player and enjoyed soccer while listening.

Amongst them were some fine ones by the late great Gene Vincent like A rockin' date and a nice date it was.

This LP is from 1957 I think and it must be one of my first LP's, so a little 'worn out'.
Gene is known as a rocker. To me the best songs from this LP are Peace of mind & You're the one. Both quiet songs.

Here's my vinyl rip made in 2000 (in the local store or Amazon you can get better audio).

Youngsters who don't know Gene Vincent have to look in the AMG music bible for info.


See the comments for the tracklist and the pass to have a date also.

Labels:


Comments:
Jean thanks for helping peterr with the EBros stuff. That's how I found your link to here. Do u have a new link for G Vincent, J&Hurricanes etc? Anyway thanks for the tunes and memories
 
Anonymous, sorry but I made a promise Johnny & Hurricanes not to upload again.

See the comment in that post. Hope anyone will understand.
 
Vincent, Gene - A rockin' date with Gene Vincent vinylLP_1956

01-Vincent, Gene - Well I knocked bim bam
02-Vincent, Gene - You better believe
03-Vincent, Gene - Peace of mind
04-Vincent, Gene - I got to get to you yet
05-Vincent, Gene - Summertime
06-Vincent, Gene - Who slapped John
07-Vincent, Gene - I flipped
08-Vincent, Gene - Cruisin'
09-Vincent, Gene - You're the one for me
10-Vincent, Gene - I might have known
11-Vincent, Gene - I can't help it
12-Vincent, Gene - Pink thunderbird

Copy and paste into one link :
htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/409488/VG-ARDwGV_JD.rar

Pass : JeanDupree_163a4

Enjoy our 'blind date'... :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures