Thursday, June 01, 2006

 

Smith, Arthur ah Cracker Jacks

I saw somewhere an LP from the great guitarist Smith, Arthur ah Cracker Jacks.

I still have the original 78rmp 48_10_23-Smith, Arthur ah Cracker Jacks - Guitar boogie / Boomerang.

It became a huge top 5 hit in/by 59-Virtues (Frank Virtue ritme_2e solo_bas_drums James Bruno lead guitar) - Guitar boogie shuffle.

Frank also made some great records in the fifties. Look eg for Cadets, Esquire boys and Frank Virtuoso.
If there is need I'll offer you some songs. Leave a comment.

Here's the scan of my original 78rpm single. Note the info on the record 'made in Holland' !!



I have a strange habbit to smell on old books, the same goes for old records. Am I the only one ?

I always thought this one was issued in 1945 but I read this week the release info should be 48_10_23.
At the time I was too young (you could also say I am too old today ...) to remember now.
Can someone help me out ?


Here is this record (my own 78rpm is just a collector's item, I played it only once and it is bad) taken from an vinyl LP I also have.


Hope you like it when you download from this link. I imagine the sound from a CD is much much better.

Edit 2007_may.
I made a new link, so look in the comment.

Comments:
Smith, Arthur ah Cracker Jacks - Guitar Boogie 1969

01-Guitar boogie
02-Boomerang
03-Mandolin boogie
04-12th street rag
05-Hard boiled boogie
06-Banjo boogie
07-IH boogie
08-Mountain be bop
09-Banjo rag
10-Hi lo boogie

Low bitrate 128Kbits makes a file of only 25MB.

Copy and paste into one link :
htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/29525396/S_A_GB_68_JD.rar

Pass : JD_070505

When you see this in Google cache (or alike) you actually have to go to my BLog and this comment otherwise you cannot copy/paste this ! If you don't wanna come to me of course you can also write it down ...... :-)
http://jeansmusicblog.blogspot.com/
http://jeansmusicblog.blogspot.com/2006_06_01_archive.html
 
Wow! A real piece of education! I never realised that "Guitar Boogie" that was a hit in 1959 had been written and recorded more than 10 years earlier. I'm a great lover of trad jazz and it's fascinating listening to ragtime on the guitar!

There is one track on this album that sounds very different to the others, "Hard Boiled Boogie" - this has a much harder "electric" sound compared to the other tracks and sounds like it belongs more to the Rock n' Roll era.
 
Thanks for this. I am working through your blog which is different from most. By coincidence I went out with my dutch friend on Saturday, first time we had met in 32 years!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures