Friday, June 09, 2006

 

Stones unique

Don't see much written about the Rolling Stones. Somehow it seems the Beatle fan(atic)s are far more present. I like that fan(atic)s .. :-)
I understand why. They still have to let people know about their Liverpool band they adore so much.
We, the Rolling Stones adepts, stay quiet. We know what we have : the greatest r'n'roll band in the world ! We just listen to them and let the ignorant be.
From time to time we come out of the dark and present something special.
During their World Licks tour in 2003 The Rolling Stones also visited Utrecht in Holland for one of their 'private' shows.

Only a few could be present. Super security all week. Not a mouse could come in without being checked. But, but that wasn't the week before. So some equipment .... you fill in.

What a show it was. Here's a review.
Stones conquer Utrecht.
The US needed 5 years to free Europe, they needed a few months to free Iraq. But the Stones needed only two hours to achieve 19 amazing victories in Utrecht tonight! Vredenburg was ON FIRE. This was the best clubshow I've ever seen, the best sound I ever heard and the best crowd I ever witnessed. I'm still shaking and think it will last forever. And please! Don't try to cure me. Vredenburg should be closed now forever. Not any band or artist in the world should get permission to play this temple again. From now on Vredenburg is a museum, a holy church of rock 'n roll, a forever lasting monument of four saints called the Rolling Stones!!

I'm proud to offer the visitors of my simple BLog this clubshow in full stereo. Of course you cannot compare it with an official release or even a bootleg but I think this is quite good.

I've seen the show mentioned a few years ago on a Rolling Stones fan page. But that's not this recording.


They started at 22 hrs with this set list to play :
Jumping Jack Flash - Live With Me - Hand Of Fate - No Expectations - Worried About You - Saint Of Me - It's Only Rock'n Roll - Dance - Everybody Needs Somebody To Love - That's How Strong My Love Is - Going To A Go Go - Introductions - Thief In The Night (Keith) - Happy (Keith) - I Can't Turn You Loose - Can't You Hear Me Knocking - Start Me Up - Tumbling Dice - Brown Sugar - Satisfaction (encore).

I made a rip at 160Kbits and the info is in the comments.

Labels:


Comments:
You really should try Exact Audio Copy with LAME VBR. It's not hard to use, and once you try it, you'll never go back to shitty bitrates like 160 kbps. The files are smaller too!

You post some interesting stuff, but I won't download at these bitrates.
 
I made most of the things I did post 'till today already a lot of years ago.
Recording (most of my stuff is personal vinyl, sometimes even second hand) with Cool Edit Pro,
filtering, splitting etc.
Did that with no internet in mind (wasn't available in the country side where I live until 6 months ago).
Experimented with bitrates 96-256 or so with codecs available at that time.

A bad vinyl doesn't sound better at high bit rate.
Ears get also worse aging (for sure in my profession).
I made the mp3's for personal use as a backup thing. So I did choose mostly for even 128.

Being someone who still works 50 hrs a week (own bussiness) I simply don't have the time to do the whole process all over again.
I am already glad I can post from time to time ; others seems to have a lot more time.
The only thing I do is adding tags.

I can understand your remark but we have to do with this.

It'll change when I stop working.
 
Thanks! I understand your situation, and thank you again for so graciously providing the music. Please look at this merely as a suggestion for the future, if you have time.

best regards!
 
OK !
I really hope to stop working in 6 month's or so. Have done enough back to society.
Maybe I need your help then....
 
Thanks very much for this!
 
Links :

http://rapidshare.com/files/302282/RS_lU_20030816.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/302359/RS_lU_20030816.part2.rar

Pass : jeansmusicblog.blogspot.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures