Monday, July 10, 2006

 

Funicello, Annette - Jamaica ska

Had this posting prepared when I saw all my links were deleted. So I just saved it without posting.
Showed my son yesterday and told him of the deleted links.
He said to me to post it anyway : never mind the links. It is a nice piece of my home work. I was proud (have to agree).
So here it is.
THIS IS THE ONLY ONE THAT'S STILL WORKING : get it.
>>

I believe Annette is outside the USA not well known.
So it's time to introduce her because she made some great records (mostly with her Afterbeats).
Some nice examples are Pineapple Princess, O Dio Mio, Luau Cha-Cha-Cha, Tall Paul (dedicated to Paul Anka), The Monkey's Uncle (with the Beach Boys as backing group ..) and Jamaica ska.


Not many people can ChaChaCha. Not everybody can do the Twist.
But everybody can do the Ska. It's the new dance you can't resist.

Isn't this a great 1964'er clip ?

So Annette (or Annette Funnicello).
Read her biography in the Music bible.

I made a compilation (including this irrisistable Jamaica ska) so you can join in with us.

If you like it you can get the full box at i.e. here.

See for the songs I have chosen and the pass the first comment.

EDIT 2007_09_01
I repaired al the missing links untill now. Please help me and report if I missed one. Thanks !.

Comments:
Funnicello, Annette - Amo Que Paso (Take3)
Funnicello, Annette - Bikini Beach Party
Funnicello, Annette - Blame It on the Bossa Nova
Funnicello, Annette - Canzone D'Amore
Funnicello, Annette - Don't Jump To Conclusions
Funnicello, Annette - Dream Boy
Funnicello, Annette - First Name Initial
Funnicello, Annette - Hawaiiannette
Funnicello, Annette - How Will I Know My Love
Funnicello, Annette - It's Really Love
Funnicello, Annette - Italiannette
Funnicello, Annette - Jamaican Ska
Funnicello, Annette - Jo-Jo the Dog-Faced Boy
Funnicello, Annette - Let's Twist Again
Funnicello, Annette - Luau Cha-Cha-Cha
Funnicello, Annette - Lucky, Lucky, Lucky Me
Funnicello, Annette - Music! Music! Music!
Funnicello, Annette - O Dio Mio
Funnicello, Annette - Pineapple Princess (take 3)
Funnicello, Annette - Rock-A-Polka
Funnicello, Annette - Strummin' Song
Funnicello, Annette - Surfer's Holiday
Funnicello, Annette - Tall Paul
Funnicello, Annette - Tell Me, Who's the Girl
Funnicello, Annette - The Flapper Flip
Funnicello, Annette - The Monkey's Uncle
Funnicello, Annette - The Rock and Roll Waltz
Funnicello, Annette - The Rock-A-Cha
Funnicello, Annette - Train of Love
Funnicello, Annette - Walkin' and Talkin'

http://rapidshare.com/files/321908/FA-Comp_JD.rar

Pass : jeansmusicblog.blogspot.com
 
I love her from The Mickey Mouse Club and Spin and Marty on that. My favorite song was O Dio Mio. She is suffering so much because of the MS and I was told recently that she is almost blind now. She and I have the same birthday. Loved her movie about her life and have it recorded. Barry
 
O dear, sad to hear about her health.
Thanks Barry.
 
Jean You Have A Wonderful Blog & I Love Reading ALL Your Comments. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures