Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 

Frank Zappa

When you look at my BLog you may think I only like the real oldies.

Yeah, that may be true but when I was at the university I was living in a kind of community on a farm and because of my (soccer) friends I learned about Frank Zappa.
We also attended a concert in my country. Made a lot of (great) pictures. Still have to digitalize them. Will do that when I am really retired ......
So the seventies are also a part of my live.
Sometimes I wonder why I liked that music at the time.

Made today 2 dvd's for my daughter with something they call today 'music'. Really hope she will like it. I don't.
Same goes for my musical appreciation. You can like/dislike it.
Take for instance Frank Zappa's music. I have 20 LP/CD's by him.
I personally like his early music. To a not American it is more understandable than his later compositions. I understand his later work is still great but I have the problem I don't really quite understand his orchestrations.

Anyway I had tonight an enoyable evening with (amongst 2 others) his
68-Mothers of Invention - Cruising With Ruben & The Jets

I know this may be not his best LP/CD but to me it brings backs back some nice memories of the end 60's.

See the comments.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Link :
http://rapidshare.com/files/237115/MoI-CwR_J_1968_JD.rar

Pass :
JeanDupree

Mothers of Invention - Cruising With Ruben & The Jets 1968

01-Mothers of Invvention - Cheep Thrills
02-Mothers of Invvention - Love of My Life
03-Mothers of Invvention - How Could I Be Such A Fool
04-Mothers of Invvention - Desiree
05-Mothers of Invvention - I'm Not Satisfied
06-Mothers of Invvention - Jellyroll Gumdrop
07-Mothers of Invvention - Take My Heart
08-Mothers of Invvention - Later That Night
09-Mothers of Invvention - You Didn't Try To Call Me
10-Mothers of Invvention - The Fountain Of Love
11-Mothers of Invvention - No, No, No, No
12-Mothers of Invvention - Any Way The Wind Blows
13-Mothers of Invvention - Stuff Up The Cracks


When you listen to this I really hope you will enjoy it.
In that case please give a comment !
And even if you don't like this FZ tell us why not.
JD
 
Yes Jean ... you are right such beautiful memories here ... some hard lessons learned too but that's another story ...! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!


Phillip from Downunder
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures