Friday, October 27, 2006

 

Rapidshare.DE to Rapidshare.COM #2

I've posted last week a topic RS.de to RS.com.
I got elsewhere a lot of questions but also on my humble BLog (which is the most important to me).
There was a comment which I wanted to answer in the comments again but I thought it would be much more interesting to answer it in the open.

Anonymous question was 'if I switch to RS.com can I still use my RS.de premium account or both'.'

My answer to him and you all.
Just wrote this without thinking (so straight from my heart), maybe I will edit this later.
Will say where when I do so.
>
Reply to anonymous.
I've seen some people had trouble with that (read 'couldn't do'). But as I remember it had something to do with their operating system. They used Firefox.
I use WinXP as OS and Flashget as downloadmanager (so NO Rapidget !).

I'm (still) able to premium download on (now) both RS sites. No prob at all. It all goes automatically.
Later I discovered the way I did change to RS.com is described in the FAQ of RS.com. So look also over there (and check the other buttons). Always first read the instructions and than do something.... :-)
I will not give garantee but my advice is to switch (when you use WinXP as OS).

Just one remark about premium points.
I don't give a damn about that ! I just want to have fun with my BLog ! Learn something about the internet and so on ! I also don't give a damn you and you and you are reading this. I see my BLog as a kind of personal diary where you 'broke in'... :-)
I know other people are just very keen about those points. Once you switch, your points are transferred to RS.com (as a 'gift'). On RS.de they will still raise but they are worthless. Only downloads from your new RS.com account will really raise your premium point.
As I wrote elsewhere (a few times and already a few weeks ago) my information (...) is that RS.de will close at last the end of this year!

I personally duplicated already all my RS.de links to RS.com (very easy to do ; explained at RS.com. See there 'remote upload' : RS.com does 'the trick', very fast !).
Only disadvantage is you have to change all the info on your own BLog (if you have one).
But when RS.de is really closed you have to upload anyway. So why not now ? And this is soooo fast !

I don't give a damn about those points as I said but others will. Lot of people search for items on Google which you have on your BLog. They don't give a damn about your BLog and why you
are writing about your passion and give examples of low rate mp3's of your LP's. They don't want to discuss your items.
So they are just takers/leechers (as you my dear reader maybe are). I noticed my amount of downloads (some/few/super small compared to what I see elsewhere but I don't mind) but very few comments ..!!
Without comments/discussion any BLog will die eventually. Think about it !!!!!
What I want to say is that those people only look into Google's cache and download your RS.de links. So you get only worthless premium points (when you already switched to RS.com). When you delete those old RS.de links (of course first transfer them to RS.com !!) they get a message 'link deleted by uploader' and maybe (maybe ...) they go to your site and see the new link and hopefully discuss with you.

Suggestion you/anyone read (I am more than quite certain there are a lot of other places/info also) :
http://www.avaxhome.ru/news/a_lya__u_lyu_ha_ha.html

So today no LP to listen to but something else very interesting to read and to reply.
Do you agree or not to what I've said above ?

Comments:
Very interesting remark indeed. I have asked RS.de and RS.com about their future plans and specially about the perenity of RS.de but did got only a very gerenal automatic generated answer form RS support :-(. I have worries about what to do with the renew of my premium account because I don't want to subscribe to both RS.de and RS.com and if I renew for 3 or 6 months to RS.de and RS.de shuts down, I will loose money and probably have to chance to get it back and I don't know if RS.com is safe enough. So maybe the best is to wait few months before renew premium account ? What do you think about this issue ? Moreover RS is deleting links without serious control and this is another serious problem for maybe not renewing subscriptions if they don't solve this in short delay because many people are very unhappy with this.
 
I just want to thank you for the music
 
Thank you for music!
 
allo H

since you like zappa please visit my new blog
http://hungryfreaksdaddy.blogspot.com/

a vriend
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures