Friday, December 22, 2006

 

Jo Stafford dedicated to my mom

When my mon died over a year ago I didn't needed anything from her legacy. Only her handkerchief and now I 'carry' them both with me. So there isn't a day I'm not remembered to them.

She was too old to understand something like the internet.
She was a very precise woman (she also had to : we had a small bussiness). Never made any debts.
She organized the whole houskeeping as well as their bussiness.
Had a rough time (as had my father) during World war II. Life isn't easy when you're young and suppressed. I always think about this when I see all the violence in the world coming to us on TV. How can those children become 'normal' adults when they grow up with so much hate to other people ?
I owe my mother a lot.
What is she thinking about my BLogging ? Is she laughing upstairs ??

The first song I remember she liked very much was Jo Stafford's 'Thank you for calling'. It was played so many times at home.

Sadly I don't have her Christmas album (Jo Stafford - Joyful Season _1964). If someone has please, PLEASE, post it in the comments.
On the left is a sleeve I found on the internet.


But I do have a very nice album Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae - The old rugged Cross from 1962 (see above). I've seen a CD (picture on the right) of that name but that is not my LP. It seems mine is a re-issue of their 1955 album 'Whispering hope' but I can't find any info about that nor any sleeves.
As a remembrance to my mom here's that gospel LP which fits so nicely in this time of the year.
Great songs like 'Whispering hope', 'It is no secret' and 'Rock of ages'.
Don't bother the crackles when you listen to it after you found the info in the comment.


Salar - YangI yilingiz gotlI bulsIn!
Sambal - Maligayang Pasko at Masayang Ba-yon Taon!
Sámi - Buorit Juovllat ja Buorre Oddajahki
Saamia - Muwule Omwaka Enjaya
Samoan - Ia manuia le Kilisimasi ma le tausaga fou
Sango -Gloire na Nzapa na ndouzou aho kouè, Na siriri na ndo sessé na popo ti ajo so amou nguia na Lo.
Santali - Raska nawa Serma
Saramaccan - Nuan wan suti jai o!
Sardinian - Bonu nadale e prosperu annu nou
Scots Gaelic - Nollaig chridheil agus Bliadhna mhath ur!
Secoya -Sihuanu'u Ejaerepa aide'ose'ere & Sihuana'u huaje ametecahue
Semandang - Selemat gawai Natal
Seneca - a:o'-e:sad yos-ha:-se:'
Serbian - Sretan Bozic. Vesela Nova Godine
Sicilian - Bon Natali e Prosperu Annu Novu !
Sinhala - Subha nath thalak Vewa. Subha Aluth Awrudhak Vewa
Slavey - Teyatie Gonezu
Soga - Mwisuka Sekukulu
Songe - Kutandika kua Yesu kuibuwa! & Kipua kipia kibuwa!
Sorani - Newroz le to Piroz be
Sorbian - Wjesole hody a strowe Nowe leto.
Somali - ciid wanaagsan iyo sanad cusub oo fiican.
Sotho/North - Mahlatsi a Matswalo a Morena le Ngwaga o Moswa
Sotho/South - Litakalerso Tse Monate Tsa Kere Semese Le Mahlohonolo a Selemo Se Secha
Slovakian - Vesele Vianoce a stastny novy rok
Slovene - Vesele bozicne praznike in srecno novo leto
Sorbian - Wjesole hody a strowe Nowe leto
Spanish - Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo
Sranan - Wan switi kresneti nanga wan bun nyun yari!
Subanen - Piak Pasko Pu Piag Bago Tawn
Sudanese - Wilujeng Natal Sareng Warsa Enggal
Suena - Kerisimasi kokopai
Surigaonon - Malipayon na pasko sanan bag-on tuig!
Swahili - ºKrismas Njema Na Heri Za Mwaka Mpyaº
Swedish - God Jul och Gott Nytt År

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you so much for this album. I too remember the music from so long ago, reminds me of home.

granny
 
Hi Jean!

What a beautiful and fitting tribute to your parents with such great music!

I just wanted to drop by and wish you a happy holiday and thank you for all the wonderful music. I am so behind in visiting other blogs and downloading their music (I still have yet to download so many wonderful things here) and I don't even seem to be able to maintain my own blog very well, but I wanted to stop by and say I hope you have a very happy holiday and an even better 2007!

I hope you reconsider ending the blog as you mentioned in an earlier post. I also get a fair amount of traffic and downloads on my blog, but most of my posts don't get very many comments either (though people seem pretty nice who do comment). I think maybe people are too busy or are very slow readers and run out of time to comment. So I can understand if you feel that it's not worth continuing, but just know that you will be missed if you do. The blogosphere always needs good blogs (and good people) and not just your music, but your spirit makes this blog special.

Since I won't be back online until after the new year, if you do decide to end your blog, please drop by and say hello at the blog. Again, have a very merry Christmas and a great 2007!
 
Hello Jean
Thanks for this album its nice to have the Old Rugged cross in particular as it's one of my mum's favourite songs. I will enjoy playing it to her as sadly she is suffering Dementia as a result of Parkinsons Disease but she will still enjoy the song.
Sorry to hear about your mothers death a year ago but i hope time and good memories will help to ease the pain.
All the best to you this Christmas and new year.
Pinto
 
Pinto.
If she enjoys the songs it will be great to me !!

My mom died 2005_august. All the chilkdren and grandchildren were present.
She died very calmy. We knew when her pacemaker stopped.

We could tell (and show) especially her grandchildren the
way a person can die. They all liked the way we did it. We had also a lot of fun how strange it seems.
So we have pain but also no pain.

So our children will not be afraid of dying when their time come (we hope of course).

To be positive : happy 2007 !
 
nomwl1,
visit your site quite regular.
Suggest anyone to do the same. See link 'You don't have to visit' at the left. BTW a strange name to a BLog you have to have on your fav's !!
You like how to 'tease', I like that !

I will go on because I like to learn more about the internet and to improve the lookings of my BLog.
I'm not interested in RS points or so. After one year BLogging getting one month free RS worth a simple 5 euro ?? I still can afford that... :-) Who doesn't ? It has to be someting else.

So I still go on. But I will, for the time being, will less put personal things (takes a lot of time to write one's feelings) into the BLog.
I need personal feedback from my readers. There's none. Even no discussing. I think that's sad.

So there will be more postings sec. I'll see where that's leads to.

Have also a great (BLogging) 2007 !
 
Stafford, Jo & Gordon MacRae - The old rugged Cross 1962

01-Stafford, Jo & Gordon MacRae - Whispering hope
02-Stafford, Jo & Gordon MacRae - Abide with me
03-Stafford, Jo & Gordon MacRae - In the garden
04-Stafford, Jo & Gordon MacRae - Beyond the sunset
05-Stafford, Jo & Gordon MacRae - Beautiful Isle of somewhere
06-Stafford, Jo & Gordon MacRae - It is no secret
07-Stafford, Jo & Gordon MacRae - I found a friend
08-Stafford, Jo & Gordon MacRae - The old rugged Cross
09-Stafford, Jo & Gordon MacRae - Rock of ages
10-Stafford, Jo & Gordon MacRae - Star of Hope
11-Stafford, Jo & Gordon MacRae - Now the day is over
12-Stafford, Jo & Gordon MacRae - A perfect day

30MB 128Kbits

Copy and paste into one link :
htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/24690072/S_J_GM-TorC_62_JD.rar

Pass : JD_070407

Let me know what you think about this album.

>>
When you see this in Google cache (or alike) you have to go to my BLog and this comment otherwise you cannot copy/paste

this !
>>
 
hi all

thx a lot i was searching the internet for a long time for : "beautiful isle of somewhere" my grandma died 15-9 and she always song this song.so thx out name of the whole familie.
only one thing that's to bad that there are 8 songs missing.
1. Whispering Hope


2. Abide With Me


3. In The Garden


4. Beyond The Sunset


5. Beautiful Isle Of Somewhere


6. It Is No Secret


7. I Found A Friend


8. The Old Rugged Cross


9. Rock Of Ages


10. Star Of Hope


11. Now The Day Is Over


12. A Perfect Day


13. He Brought My Soul At Calvary


14. Somebody Bigger Than You And I


15. All Through The Night


16. I May Never Pass This Way Again


17. You'll Never Walk Alone


18. Nearer, My God, To Thee


19. The Lord Is My Shepherd


20. Peace In The Valley



but nevermind

greetz reza
 
Reza, sorry to hear about your grandma.

I explained about the album and tracks in my article. I posted my original vinyl album, which has just these 12 songs, and the sleeve.
You are referring to a CD that was issued around 2000. That has 8 extra tracks as I also explained.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures