Saturday, December 09, 2006

 

Paris Sisters

The Paris Sisters bridged the gap separating the traditional vocal pop of the post-World War II era from the equally generation-defining girl group sound that emerged in the wake of rock & roll. By the 1961 release of their Phil Spector-produced breakthrough "I Love How You Love Me," the siblings were already longtime veterans of the music business. Albeth (the oldest), Sherrell (the middle child), and Priscilla Paris (the baby) were born and raised in San Francisco. Their mother, Faye, was the quintessential stage parent, a former opera singer who continued her career vicariously through her children.

When they finally resurfaced on Lester Sill's fledgling Gregmark label in 1961, the impresario insisted on a top-to-bottom overhaul of their approach, tapping up-and-coming producer Phil Spector to shepherd the transformation.
Spector relegated Albeth and Sherrell to the background, and while he turned the spotlight on Priscilla, he insisted she dial back her powerful voice to a dusky whisper.
While the Paris Sisters' Gregmark debut, "Be My Boy," earned little notice, the follow-up, "I Love How You Love Me," cracked the US Top Five, galvanized by Priscilla's intimate lead turn and Spector's atypically restrained production.

Best of the Paris Sisters is from this era. I included 'Dream lover' and a slower version of 'I love how you love me' as well.

Look in the comments.

Comments:
Paris Sisters - Best of the Paris Sisters

01-Paris Sisters - I Love How You Love Me
02-Paris Sisters - I Don't Even Care
03-Paris Sisters - You Won't Help Me
04-Paris Sisters - I Came A Long Way To Nowhere
05-Paris Sisters - Can't Help Falling In Love
06-Paris Sisters - Be My Boy
07-Paris Sisters - I Don't Give A Darn
08-Paris Sisters - Together
09-Paris Sisters - Yesterday
10-Paris Sisters - He Knows I Love Him To Much
11-Paris Sisters - Always Waiting

Paris Sisters - Dream Lover
Paris Sisters - I Love How You Love Me version 2


http://www.meg*uplo*d.com/?d=P5XMXRV5

Replace * by a

Pass : JD_061209
 
Love the Paris Sisters..thanks so much for the post..all the best
 
I have enjoyed what I've heard of Priscilla Paris's solo work. I am glad for the opportunity to hear more.

If you hadn't complained about not getting any comments, I would have forgotten all about this post, which I passed over last week due to lack of time. So I guess that warrants a comment (which is actually of more use to me than to you, as it may drive traffic to my own site).
 
great post thank you
 
Thanks
Great stuff!
 
CMore Coolity!!
 
Thank You very much for this great post. Also If you stopped this blog it will be a big loss to us all.Ok i'll speak for me it would be a damn shame & i'd miss it very much. Please keep going JeanD.THANKS FOR SHARING ALL YOUR GREAT MUSIC.
 
@Poet Jim

Thanks for your comment.
Just visited today (2006_12_29) , sorry, your BLog by clicking your logo/profile.

Really nice BLog and worth to visit.
So reader of this, you know what you have to do ... :-)

Jim, you seems to try (like me) to be a little bit different compared to most BLoggers. Make yor BLog a personal touch. Very nice !!

Only difference is I like real music so I am in for the Rolling Stones.
You seem to like that local music band from Liverpool more ... :-)

I don't see a way I can comment on your BLog (in private). Is that correct ?
 
The link is down ("temporarily unavailable") sadly. I'm impressed that you shared it and thanks for that, I'll look around more... if you'd be so kind as to let me know if it ever goes back up I would appreciate it.

misterfvckhead at yahoo dot com
 
Hi Arvo.
Indeed ("temporarily unavailable").

Suppose it had something to do with their servers 'cause I just checked and I was able to get it.
 
Couldn't get "Paris Sisters". Megaload says "rewoked due to infringments"

I'm dyin' for their version of "Dream Lover"

What should i do?

Nice blog, by the way.
Take care, grandprix63
 
Hi Anders, Swedish old-time car lover.....
Took a few days before responding. Was re-upping this one to RS, and while doing so checked my link above.
It was no problem getting it !
So it seems it was just temporary again (just like ARVO before).
So please try again.
BTW dont forget to replace in the link twice the asterix * by the letter a
 
Hi! This is my first visit to your blog. Nice format and nice to read about "our" music from a British perspective. I thank you
 
Jean I just discovered your blog and sad to see you've closed shop. Thank you so much for posting this and do know that people like me appreciate your contribution to sharing good music.
 
Jean

Enjoy your retirement ... if we ever do ...?

Just found the Paris Sisters ... wonderful ...!

Except that the unzip ... partially worked ...!

When it got to song 8 Together ... the message read wrong password ...!

Can you be of any assistance with this ...?

Phillip ... from Downunder
 
Phillip, download and pass worked fine.
Suppose your download wasn't complete/correct.
Advice re-download.

JD
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures