Saturday, December 30, 2006

 

Saddam Hussein has been executed

About 20 hours ago I recieved info he would be hanged quite soon.
Just read it has been done only a minor 15 minutes ago.

I will not say a lot about this.
Prepared this posting already a week ago.

Watched the UN invasion, lead by the US, in Iraq on CNN. Will not argue about the given reasons to do so.

Remember the last days of Rumanian President Nicolae Ceausescu.
Remember before that the fall of the German 'wall' and the tears I had in my eyes. I knew what was ahead of us but more important to the people 'behind the iron curtain'.
Aren't all those eastern Europeans glad/happier at this very moment, despite still economical problems ? They are free and can take their (and their children's) future in their own hands !

I deeply hope the Iraqi's will not enlarge their (religious) hate to each other but I hope the leaders on both sides will use their common sense to co-operate !
If so they are real 'leaders'. If not something will happen like in former Yugoslovakia (a country I wasn't involved or didn't knew at all).
A lot of pain, a lot losses of lives. And nowadays ? People try to live on together and succeed in this. So who benafits/advantage ? No one. Leaders are dead or wanted. People lost relatives/friends. And now they try to live a normal live.

The man on the street doesn't give really a damn if you are black/white or Christian/Moslim or European/Asian or educated/not or so.
Let me tell you, I know by long expirience (job but also 'my behavings' in the 70's) the so called 'others' aren't bad.

Whether or not you/anyone (in particular in that region) agree with this execution it is a great chance to establish peace in Iraq but, more important, in the whole middle east (always try to look at things in a more 'broader' way ...).
I did say quite a lot about this ........
What do you say ?

Comments:
Jean, I, as you do hope that peace can come to "Those people", but i`m afraid the reality is different. With peace, what are they to do? Grab the kids and go on a picnic? Take the family out to the movies? Sit around the TV and knit pullovers? Sorry Jean,but when i read the newspapers, they are doing anything but! (New arrivals in this country (Australia)from Lebanon are being told by their Religious teachers that girls showing flesh are nothing but "cat meat", promoting rape!)Those pastimes are things "we" take for granted. Until Religious Tolerance can be taught and followed in Iraq (and elsewhere) there never will be peace there. But still we can only go on hoping, and putting our faith in the following generations. Anyway Jean, a happy new year to you and family from this old aussie fart and I think that if they were allowed rock `n` roll, maybe it might be different.:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures