Wednesday, December 27, 2006

 

Top 10, top 100, top 1000 and so on !!!



The end of the year. Time to reflect the last year.
Christmas is the moment to think about our 'moral' things.

But when Christmas is gone we quickly go on to the more 'normal' things. Aren't we simple people ?

In entertainment/music that's always the top 10 music numbers of the year.
In my country there's since over 5 years even a top2000 of all times !!!
People can vote (cost some dime's ...) and air playing started second Christmas day.
The list is every year almost the same as is expected and will be everywhere around our (little ....) globe ....

On a local radio music forum I meet people who are searching for ages for the real 'gems'. Mostly I wonder if it is a 'real gem' but ala, let it be ...
A few years ago there was a spontaneous idea to make an alternative top 25 or so.
There are simple rules.

Send in your personal top 10 of all times, but your choice may not be on that Top2000 list.
So the obvious Queen, Deep Purple, Beatles, Rolling Stones are left out.

Everyone gets the songs on a cd-r. Every year the songs added three years ago are left out, so the choice is always refreshing itself.

Now we can listen and have to vote (simple rules again like a particular artist 2 times at the most and maximum 3 votes on your own contribution).
This way we learn more about the fav songs/artists of the other members of the forum.
Every year our top list is a fantastic surprising list !

I must be one of the older guy's over there so I always add (more) 'recent' songs to it hoping they (the youngsters, although they consider themselves already quite old... :-) ) will know (at least the artist). Hope they will like my older song choice.
My real preference on the other hand is before, let's say, 1962 but I have to take their knowledge in memory.























If you look at this recent picture of Emmylou Harris and you're a guy you surely must fall in love with her (as I am). Isn't she still looking good ? Wish I am that good looking ... :-) But her music is what counts so she has to be on my list !

So here's my personal 2006 top10 I did send in !

46-Smith, Arthur ah Cracker Jacks - Guitar boogie _instrumental
59-Dion - I can't go on Rosalie
63-Clay, Cassius - Stand by me (single)
68-Foxx, Inez & Charlie - Medley Vaya con Dios_Fellows in Vietnam
70-Chapman, Michael - Polar bear fandango _instrumental
71-Delaney & Bonnie & friends (Eric Clapton) - Never ending song of love
71-Kottke, Leo - Jesu, Joy of Man's desiring _instrumental
73-Garfunkel, Art - I shall sing
76-Cooder, Ry - He'll have to go
87-Harris, Emmylou & Dolly Parton & Linda Ronstadt - To know him is to love him

When you already visited my BLog you found already some offered here. If not please search (again ?) !!

I suggest the 'newbies' to look in the comment for a Rapidshare link and info.

Comments:
My personal 2006 top10 !

46-Smith, Arthur ah Cracker Jacks - Guitar boogie _instrumental
59-Dion - I Can't Go On Rosalie
63-Clay, Cassius - Stand by me (single)
68-Foxx, Inez & Charlie - Medley Vaya Con Dios_Fellows In Vietnam
70-Chapman, Michael - Polar Bear Fandango _instrumental
71-Delaney & Bonnie & friends - Never ending song of love
71-Kottke, Leo - Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring _instrumental
73-Garfunkel, Art - I Shall Sing
76-Cooder, Ry - He'll Have To Go
87-Harris, Emmylou & Dolly Parton & Linda Ronstadt - To Know Him Is To Love Him

Copy and paste into one link :
htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/7903776/Mp2006T10_JD.rar

Pass : JD_061217
 
thanks for the corn
 
You differ greatly from your friend Hans. He is into quantity over quality, he'll steal links from others without any morality, and he almost always posts popular records in anybody's Top 1000 which are in print and in stores. While your blog contains friendly remarks, he is always cursing and making up rules and being arrogant.

If Hans had a blog like yours and modestly posted a few things from time to time, he would have no problems. It's sad that he makes life miserable for himself, and bloggers whose links he steals. His attitude is also "never buy" because he puts his ego above the singers, record stores and music industry.
 
The old link has expired so here's a new link.

My personal 2006 top10 !

46-Smith, Arthur ah Cracker Jacks - Guitar boogie _instrumental
59-Dion - I Can't Go On Rosalie
63-Clay, Cassius - Stand by me (single)
68-Foxx, Inez & Charlie - Medley Vaya Con Dios_Fellows In Vietnam
70-Chapman, Michael - Polar Bear Fandango _instrumental
71-Delaney & Bonnie & friends - Never ending song of love
71-Kottke, Leo - Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring _instrumental
73-Garfunkel, Art - I Shall Sing
76-Cooder, Ry - He'll Have To Go
87-Harris, Emmylou & Dolly Parton & Linda Ronstadt - To Know Him Is To Love Him

Copy and paste into one link :
htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/28275833/Mp2006Top10_JD.rar

Pass : JD_070427

>>
When you see this in Google cache (or alike) you have to go to my BLog and this comment otherwise you cannot copy/paste this !
>>
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures