Saturday, January 27, 2007

 

How to prank a telemarketer

How annoying it is when you have evening dinner and there's a phonecall by a telemarketer. Last night there was one again, so I decided to let you know what I always do about it.

I developed some 'anti-scripts' myself.
Example 1.
Start asking questions yourself. What education you need to do this. Is it neccessary to wear brown shoes for this job. Can I have your phone number to call you back (especially if it's a girl ... you have such a sexy voice...). Why not, you are calling me yourself, I like to do also. And so on. Just stupid questions/remarks.

Example 2.
Engage him/her in an "intellectual" conversation on an extremely boring subject.

Example 3.
Oh, I think you want to talk to my father. Maybe he's in the garden, I'll call him. Hé dad, there's someone on the phone for ya and I lay the phone aside. My father will never come of course : he's dead for almost 20 years......

Example 4.
Go along with them. Discuss the proposal.
If I understand this correctly I invest $1000, get a profit of 25% (the higher the profit the higher the risk or it must even be fraud).
Ho much did you invest yourself ? If so, you must be a rich person. If not, why ?
Why offering me ? Better keep it silent and profit yourself.
At the end (depends who's the smartiest in this conversation) you always can say 'I'm still not convinced and will think about it' or say 'I'm not interested after explaining' but never accept the proposal (keep in mind they may have recorded the phone call).

Example 5.
Say nothing until they hang up.


This is a nice one. It's from Bob & Tom's radio prg 2006_08_30 (NOT Bob Made prg, another Bob !).
Bob Made is an American comic who became sick and tired of this kind of phonecalls and decided to 'fight' back.

It's hilarious ! Give it a listen. It’s really short (3-4 minutes), but you will laugh your ass off. So this won't waste much of your time ... you'll thank me.

In the comments I'll place the complete transcription and a link to an mp3.
Also I'll put over there an interview by Paul Harris on his KMOX radio show sep 2006 with Tom Mabe (LATER today : have to extract that from a personal recording !!).

If you know other nice jokes like this please let me/us know !

Here's another one from YouTube with the same subject. What a joke : great fun !

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures