Monday, January 08, 2007

 

On this day 1935 : Elvis Presley was born

Elvis Aron Presley was born Jan 8, 1935 in Tupelo, MS and would/should have celebrated today his 72th birthday !!
How very much I like various artists, groups and songstyles HE was (and to me he still is) THE ONE and ONLY !
His voice was so nice, his repertoire so superb various. I can listen to him the whole evening without being bored or getting nervous or fall asleep.
I have all his LP's, a lot of cd's, the great 50cd box set, lot of live performance's, special recordings, bootleg's etcetera.

Tonight will be for me Elvis Presley night.

In the Music bible you can read all about him. Of course also at Wikepedia and various other places.
When you search "Elvis Presley" in Google how many hits will ya get ? Check it out : OVER 4 million in 0,12 seconds !!

I don't want to discuss the last years of his live and 'the pills'. How easy can we, with our simple lives, say that wasn't right.
I suppose with all the 'friends' around him he wasn't alone but he must have been lonely.
Hope you understand the meaning of this sentence !

The best way to remember Elvis nowadays is looking at some nice old picture's and/or read a book about him and certainly to listen to some fine songs by him.

I want to share something by Elvis with ya. Was a difficult choice. Just an album, too simple. Some rare old live songs, no. The million dollar sessions which Elvis did together with with Carl Perkins, Jerry lee Lewis and Roy Orbison, still no.


I decided to give you his last (unofficially recorded ...) performance from Indianapolis, Indiana, on June 26 1977 the evening concert at 8:30 PM !
Sound: "Audience Recording" (..not so good quality... ha ha, you will certainly be surprised). Reportedly from a tape recorded from the 2nd row center.
Definately the best sounding release of this infamous and historic concert.
Available on many inferior sounding cd's : "The Last Show" , "The Last Farewell" , "The Last Live Session" , "The Last Concert".
But this one is definately the best sounding release of this infamous and historic concert.



Even if you're not an Elvis fan this is a must-have !!
So why don't you give a comment .... :-)

Labels:


Comments:
You are sooo right.

I love many genres of music and artistes from the 50's up to & including modern heavy metal - I refuse to grow old gracefully !)

But at the end of the day Elvis was and is the King.
He introduced me (& a zillion others) to rock & roll, and even though I must have listened to many of his tracks literally 000's of times I never tire of them.

I don't honestly think can say that about any other of my favourite singers.
 
Presley, Elvis - Adios_The Final Performance 1977_06_26
Indianapolis, Indiana, June 26 1977 8:30 PM

01 2001 Theme_Also Sprach Zarathustra
02 CC Rider
03 I Got A Woman & Amen
04 Love Me
05 Fairytale
06 You Gave Me A Mountain
07 Jailhouse Rock
08 O Solo Mio & It's Now Or Never
09 Little Sister
10 Teddy Bear
11 Don't Be Cruel
12 Release Me
13 I Can't Stop Loving You
14 Bridge Over Troubled Water
15 Early Morning Rain & Band Introductions (part)
16 What'd I Say
17 Johnny B Goode
18 Drums Solo
19 Bass Solo
20 Piano Solo
21 I Really Don't Want To Know
22 Keyboard Solo & Introductions
23 Jazzing In Vegas
24 Hurt
25 Hound Dog & Elvis Talking
26 Can't Help Falling In Love
27 Closing


Copy and paste into one link
htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/10713187/P_E-LA_TFP_77_06_26_JD.rar

Pass : JD_070107
 
Ozzy,
I can't agree more with ya !!
Thanks !
 
Hi Man,

That's totally weird.

I see it's back to single post now, but my comment comes before your tracklist.

Apologies if I did something - but I don't think so !
 
No, nothing wrong on your side.
I posted this, then edited and edited over and over to to have a 'good look'.
When satisfied I put up the definitive post but still without the comment/link.
Than I saw you already commented.
So the link came second.
That's why I asked you back for it (if you want it).
Otherwise you maybe wouldn't have come back here again.

BTW it was yesterday a complete Elvis night.
The last one was his 1968 NBC special on DVD. Great.
 
No problem - cool
 
The last concerts are so strong...
Always on a rope : Sometimes we're decieve, we think Elvis is not singing as he could, that he don't care, and suddenly he blows us with tremendous interpretations of "I really don't want..." or "Hurt" or "How great thu Art" etc...
Definitly the King !

The Coolerator
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures