Thursday, January 25, 2007

 

On this day 1938 : Etta James birthday

According to Wikepedia Etta James (real name Jamesetta Hawkins) is still active at this moment. So what a career. I remember her first 1960 major hit At last. What a great R&B singer.

I don't have much time at this moment (Ozzy, I also still have a working career .... but today again someone phoned me who likes to overtake my bussiness .... he's fifth in line ...) so I leave it to this.

I will add more info tomorrow.

Anyway, happy birthday Jamesetta and thanks for your wonderful recordings !

In the comments is my info to her great first 1960/1961 LP At last!
Note this is NOT the CD re-issue with the very nice 4 bonus tracks (with Harvey Fuqua). I have that also but will not post it. You must buy it if ya want it, sorry : 'fair policy'. My LP post is also only at a poor 128KBits.

For those who don't know Etta here's a Youtube clip I like I'd rather go blind (Blind girl) in Austin Texas some (.....) years ago.
Watch it completely. Look at her expression : this is real music !
Note, it's a completely different style compared to the LP I offer ya.
On YouTube you can also find At last and more nice recordings like with Chuck Berry but this is a more interesting song.


Sadly the above video isn't available anymore on Youtube.
I found another one of this concert but on this you don't 'see' Etta James nicely.
But I found a very nice other one. You hear just the song but aren't we elderly just living to benefit these nice young borns ??? Hope this child will have a very happy life. Same goes, of course, for all children.

Comments:
James, Etta - At last ! 1960 LP

01-James, Etta - Anything To Say You're Mine
02-James, Etta - My Dearest Darling
03-James, Etta - Trust In Me
04-James, Etta - A Sunday Kind Of Love
05-James, Etta - Tough Mary
06-James, Etta - I Just Want To Make Love To You
07-James, Etta - At Last
08-James, Etta - All I Could Do Is Cry
09-James, Etta - Stormy Weather
10-James, Etta - Boy Of My Dreams (original Girl of my dreams)

Copy and paste into one link

htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/13398094/J_E-Al_60_JD.rar

Pass : JD_070125

The bitrate is a low 128KBits, so the file is only 27MB. You will have to do with this if you want it.
 
I have this album too (highly recommended - go & buy it everyone!!)

What a great voice - even today & able to sing in so many styles R&B, Jazz & Blues.
 
Etta for me was who Janis Joplin learned the lessons.If Etta had not existed would not have existed Janis Joplin.
Great lady of the blues together with Koko Taylor, other sacred monster of blues genere.
Thank's
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures