Wednesday, January 17, 2007

 

On this day 1942 : Cassius Clay birthday


I just learned Cassius Clay (Muhammad Ali) also celibrates today his birthday.
Saw on TV a great docu about him.
I already wrote about him april 2006. So look in my archive over there for the record on the left.
I consider him as a great person. Not only how he behaved when he was still boxing ('I'm the greatest') but also what he did for the black American's (being an example) and his charity to the black children in the ghetto's.

As an honour to then born Cassius Marcellus Clay I also repost the picture of the great fight 1965_may_25 (hardly can't believe it's over 40 years ago) by 'the bee' Cassius Clay against 'the tank' Sonny Liston.

Labels:


Comments:
This guy sure was "The Greatest" in so many ways.

He actually made me some money way back in 1963 when he beat Henry Cooper.

My grandad thought Cassius Clay (as he was then)was a fool & stood no chance against "Our 'Enry". He even bet me 10 shillings(50p).

Good old Cassius didn't fail me and I remember buying Elvis's "Follow That Dream" EP with my winnings.

It was only a lifetime ago.
 
I vaguelly remember that fight (and at least the name Henry Cooper).

So you doubled your pocket money ... and made a fine 'investment' (but that you learned only later on ..).
Hope you still have that EP.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures