Wednesday, January 24, 2007

 

On this day 2007 on this very moment

I'm just a simple old guy.
Didn't know anything about internet until 14 month's ago (on 2005_11_04 I bought the cheapest/lowest/slowest cable connection).
Surfed a little bit. Learned about a, to me, 'new world' with so much info available and also right at hand.
Wished to be part of this community of the future for 'my time being'. But also hesitated, was a little afraid/anxious.
Finally I overwon my fear and started bloggin' (now it sounds so simple ..) almost 10 month's ago (2006_04_01 my first post 'It seems I finally made it' !!!).

Today, I can hardly believe my eyes : so many visitors in only ten month's.
It was never my intention to achieve a certain amount of visitors. But of course I like to be 'heard'. Who wouldn't ?

I write over here a kind of personal historical diary (I'm on the wrong site of the time-frame). You are the readers.
I could write about stamps, about cooking. But without some kind of feedback it would be boring to me or any BLogger and I/they will stop. So my personal music memories is the main subject 'cause that's more attractive to readers.

Feedback is gained by visitors, comments and/or downloads.
Sadly comments are few. Downloads also, but I don't mind that. I'm not interested in getting free Rapidshare points. Writing a whole year to get a month free RS points worth Euro 5 ? Ridiculous.
I don't want my BLog to be mentioned every week/month on something like 'Tofuhouse'. It attracts in my opinion the wrong kind of visitors. I rather have a small BLog with loyal visitors.
Just hope, when you download one of my (low bitrate) offers, you want more of that artist and buy some but also post a comment why you like it (or not !).
I like my BLog to be a 'discussion place' instead of just a 'taking place'. I'm really dissappointed about that at the moment. I said it before. So it's up to you !!

No, my main purpose is to learn about PC/Windows/Internet/blogging etcetera. To learn by try/error about HTML (I don't have books about this 'language').
I humbly state I achieved a lot (regarding my age ; my children can't). I changed quite a bit of my original choosen BLogger template. I like my results.
You readers may smile (suppose you can do better and if you think so reveal your BLog's/site's over here....), I don't mind.

So the number of visitors is important to me, whatever you do on my BLog.

I owe YOU ALL a well ment THANK YOU for stopping by !!

Comments:
no we should thank you for all your time,sharing what you have-visit evey day
woof woof (the dalmatian)
 
Congratulations JD. Big Milestone. Keep it up brother. Timbo
 
Thanks for all the good work, and keep on rockin'& boppin.
 
Indeed thanks Jean.

I'm also the wrong side of middle age & have often thought of running a blog similar to yours but I just don't have the time (or let's face it the commitment) just yet.

I'm still working, but hopefully not for too much longer, so maybe I'll give it a try then.

I love your style of blog - personal memories with some pictures & music associated with them.
Not just link after link to music albums.

It's good & lets me think I know you a little to make me want to come back to see what you have decided to share with us next.

Thanks again
 
I understand how you feel, Jean.
I'm probably of your generation, and it's nice to know that some of us can keep up with the young ones!

Don't feel too badly about lack of comments. I think some people who come to read are put off by the rigmarole of the comment box, so don't bother, but they still enjoy reading.

Keep up the good work - and thanks for the interesting blog!

Ann (Twilight)
Learning Curve on the Ecliptic
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures