Sunday, February 11, 2007

 

A big storm with a lot of rain

I grew up in the (big) city but I live for almost 30 years in the country side.
I hope I never have to go back to any city. Life is soooo relaxing here.
Ok, there are disadvantages. The supermarket is far away. No schools, cinema. It's dark.
My sister once told me she didn't want to live here for even a million dollars. She 'needs' the crowd, the busy things a city has.
I like to be with the farmers. Nice to see how a cow is born. Or die. See the fruit trees grow. The dogs have enough space. The cats find in the summer their own food ; have to defend their territory. Watch the horses in the backyard.
It's soooo quiet. I didn't went on holiday for almost 15 years (and even then I was back home earlier as planned).
Neighbours are 'far away' but I think we know each other better than people living in an appartment.
We help each other. Share our belongings.
Last year we topped all of my trees and even removed one. We thought for two it wasn't necessary.
Last week there was a big storm. And yes, from one of those two the top felt on my roof. Big hole in it. We managed to fix the roof in time before the storm reached it's top.
Today we repaired the damage. Thanks !

Comments:
Hai Jean,
what terrible: a tree on your roof? was it very bad? luckly you have nice peoples arround you. a specially the little one.
But we di'not know!! otherwise we came to help you too!!!!!! but now I also see nice pictures of my big brother!!!!

see you soon and a knuffel from your sister
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures