Tuesday, March 20, 2007

 

On this day 1917 : so Vera Lynn turns 90 !

Dame Vera Lynn reaches today the respectable age of 90 !
I suppose most of you weren't even born during World war II... :-)
But at that time she was a very nice looking girl and performed for the allied and so her nickname became 'Sweetheart of the forces'.
It was a time of togetherness, one for all and all for one.

I like (and by so collected during the years) a lot of music made in that era. One song I treasure. An German underground version of the famous 'Lily Marlene'.

I found several biography's on the net but they weren't complete enough or had too much advertisements. So I have to go back to Wikipedia.

I converted already a very long time ago 2 of my old LP's onto 1cd. Didn't change anything on the sound at that time (nowadays I do better).
So if you get the offer from the comments, please don't be disappointed of the quality. On the other hand I like the crackles aso, it gives me the pure remembrance. After all the songs are 60 years old !

Comments:
Lynn, Vera - Grand gala fav & Sweetheart of the forces

01-Lynn, Vera - From the time you say goodbye
02-Lynn, Vera - When swallows say goodbye (Du kleines Schwalbenpaar)
03-Lynn, Vera - Forget me not
04-Lynn, Vera - The homing waltz
05-Lynn, Vera - The gathering of the clans
06-Lynn, Vera - I'm forever blowing bubbles
07-Lynn, Vera - We'll meet again
08-Lynn, Vera - Yours (Quiereme mucho)
09-Lynn, Vera - When you hear Big Ben
10-Lynn, Vera - The Windsor waltz
11-Lynn, Vera - Dooneree
12-Lynn, Vera - Auf wiederseh'n sweetheart (& His Majesties Forces Chorus)
>
13-Lynn, Vera - The faithfull hussar (Der treue Hussar)
14-Lynn, Vera - My happiness
15-Lynn, Vera - Travellin' home
16-Lynn, Vera - Far away places
17-Lynn, Vera - Side by side
18-Lynn, Vera - As time goes by
19-Lynn, Vera - Back in your own backyard
20-Lynn, Vera - White cliffs of Dover (& Mantovani Orchestra vinyl 78rtm)
21-Lynn, Vera - Something to remember you by
22-Lynn, Vera - Medley (Bye bye blackbird & At sundwon)
23-Lynn, Vera - Drifting and dreaming
24-Lynn, Vera - Somewhere in France (& Tony Osborne Orch 66 remake hit 40


Copy and paste into one link :

htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/21863567/L_V-GGf_SotR_JD.rar

Pass : JD_070319
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures