Thursday, March 15, 2007

 

On this day 1947 : Ry Cooder

About 10 years ago I had the privilege, thanks to my sister, to meet Ry Cooder shortly after a concert. A very, very nice person.
It was a great intimate concert and it was astonishing how many younger people attended the concert. Their parents have teached them well.

I am the proud owner of 30 of Ry Cooder's albums. I treasure them. Great own compostitions but also great covers. Made nice soundtracks. Don't forget, despite all the difficulties, his efforts to make that fantastic Buena Vista Social Club album.

I offer ya here, with that memorable evening in mind, a live concert album Ry Cooder made in 1976 together with the man who turned 4 days ago 68, Flaco Jimenez.
By the way, Ry Cooder is younger than yours truly .....

The entrance fee is zero, so why don't you join me in the comment room .. :-)

Comments:
Cooder, Ry & Flaco Jimenez Band - Showtime 1976

1-School Is Out
2-Alimony
3-Jesus on the Mainline
4-Dark End of the Street
5-Viva Seguin/Do Re Mi
6-Volver, Volver
7-How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live
8-Smack Dab in the Middle


Copy and paste into one link :

htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/213387
AND
82/C_R_FJB-S_76_JD.rar

Pass : JD_070316

When you see this in Google cache you have to go to my Blog and the comments otherwise you cannot copy this !
 
Many thanks for the great Ry Cooder
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures