Sunday, April 01, 2007

 

Happy blogging birthday to me/my blog !

As of today JeansMusicBlog is one year old.
This last year has been simply amazing.
I could analyze my visitors (an astonishing 60.000 since june 2006) my humble blog has gotten in the past year, but at the end of the day that's not what counts.
What's more important is that I've been fortunate enough to learn from the internet and blogging and I sincerely hope this has made me a better blogger as a result.

I’m not going to write too much (I do that in my normal postings ...) and say how I’d like to thank my parents, my cats and the guy who cuts my grass (my friendly neighbour) because frankly there’s plenty of other stuff going on at the moment.
But nevertheless, I’m quite surprised it’s been a whole year and I am grateful to you all who actually seem to care what I think about music and other things by (re-)visiting me.

It’s been such a rewarding experience for me that I now think everyone should have a personal blog. I really do.
If you don’t have a blog, go get one. It's quite easy. Just take an account with Google, sign in to Blogger and that's it ! You don't need to know anything about internet, formatting, graphics etc. One learns by try and retry. I learned the essential things in one evening so you can also. Of course I tried to change a lot on my original chosen Blog-template these past 365 days and I'm proud the way it looks today.
So if you’ve ever even toyed with the idea, let me tell ya : just do it!

I’m now an old hand at blogging. Exactly a year ago I started and yes, that qualifies me as an old timer. The average blog lasts only, let's say, 5 maybe 10 posts ? And then it seems to be forgotten.
Others last longer but they seem to post only (even recent, I don't like that) cd's without any comment to it. They get far more visitors but that's not for me. Not the real Blogging spirit as I understand.
I rather have a small dedicated 'audience' which will come back (but still will grow slowly I hope of course), will read my memories and will like the simple treasures I post as examples.

The number of downloads of my offers are very low. I'm very satisfied about that because I know my quality is on purpose very low (mostly with love treated vinyl, but also low bitrate) compared to others, so only the real lover will take it and be happy to have it.

This last year I have proven to myself (a quite old guy) my point : I must can get along with you youngsters .... :-)
We'll see what the next year brings. Depends on my available time but certainly also your well apriciated comments/interaction.
So I have only one request to you all and I've said it before. A little more interaction would be very nice. I don't mean just a thank you (that's meaningless and I mostly don't even publish that) but a why/when/where about your memories would be interesting to everyone.....

And again I did write too much, well it's my Blog, my personal diary !! .. :-)

Comments:
Happy BloggerBirthday Jean!

You've got an excellent blog and you are doing a service to real music lovers everywhere! A while back I discovered the Fairports "Unhalfbricking" on your great site...I had lost my copy during the mid-seventies and was overwhemed at the opportunity to listen to those tracks again!

Thank you and good luck!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures