Saturday, April 28, 2007

 

It's beyond Popcorn tonight


This week LASER radio exists already 2 years and webmaster Per restyled the site completely. He made my simple logo which you can see at the top. I don't know anything about making a web site. I like Blogger but I am thinking about making a 'normal' site of my own. Well, maybe I can phone him... :-)

Taking a look at the Beyond Popcorn playlist you will find, at least in my humble opinion, a great song at #03 Corsairs - Smokey places.
With this song they peaked at #10 1961/1962 as you can see (....it's difficult to read but I can assure you it's there....) on the chart on the left.
Oh I like this group so much !

At #12 you will find the 1961 song Corren, Carmela - Always you ('Sempre tu' from the LP Camilla Corren international). She was a Jewish US citizen living in Germany at the time. A great singer !
I can't remember Theo playing this song. So, first 'aired' ?


Another superb song is #26 Little Tommy & The Elgins - I walk on which was issued 1962.
We all know a lot of the oldies Theo gives airplay are quite costly.
If you want this (also ...), the necessary info is Elmar 1084 - I Walk On / Never Love Again - 1962 OR ABC-Paramount 10358 - I Walk On / Never Love Again - 1962 and you will have to pay at least $85.00 as you can see for yourself at Records by Mail.

Keep the time counter on top in sight (saturday at 20 hours local_CET time) and JOIN (just click this to attend live !) us !
This way you get the internet stream directly in your Winamp or Mediaplayer.
You can also go to the LASER stream page.

On the Laser radio Popcorn page I read I will (have to ?) give 'related info'.... :-)
So here we go again. I try to differ every time.
The songs Theo and Brigitte are playing are mostly (not always !) songs which can be called as 'bubbling under' which means they mostly didn't even reach eg. the US top 100 chart.
In the past I offered an album of one artist or a compilation of some songs which you can hear. This time I offer you, let's say, the 'other sides' of Theo's 'other sides' ... :-) So the songs are not necessarily Theo's mellow kind of Popcorn songs but in my humble opinion very 'listenable'.
I could give you info about songs like 11-Burke, Solomon - If You Need Me which was also recorded so nicely by the Rolling Stones or 32-Trider, Larry - Don't Stop who sounds just like a Buddy Holly clone, but you have to search yourself.
Same goes for the songs which will be aired : I'll leave it up to you.

My 20 'other sides' (the track numbers refer to Theo's original playlist) :
01-Collier, Mitty - Sharing You
02-Power, Duffy - Dream Lover
03-Corsairs - I'll Take You Home
04-Andrea, John - Cathy Can I take You Home
05-Hunt, Tommy - Didn't I Tell You
06-Bell, Madeline - You don't love me no more
07-Tate, Howard - Sweet Love Child
11-Burke, Solomon - If You Need Me
17-Lewis, Barbara - Hello Stranger
18-Hinton, Joe - Where Have All The Flowers Gone
20-Kilgore, Merle - Wicked City
21-Lopez, Trini - Aquella Rosa (Spanish Harlem)
23-Marci & The Mates - Shall I Tell Him You're Not There
24-King, Jo Ann - Cha Cha Choo Choo
30-Scott, Freddie - Are You Lonely for Me
32-Trider, Larry - Don't Stop
35-King, Ben E - Don't Play That Song For Me (You Lied)
37-Pentagons - I Like The Way You Look At Me
39-Thomas, Pat - Where There's Love There's Hope
40-Troy, Doris - Watcha Gonna Do About It


Take a look in the comment to get a chance to listen to my 'other side choice'.
On purpose, and as always, you can only get this in the low bitrate of 128Kbits so certainly NO CD quality.
Hope I got your attention to listen to Theo's Popcorn show.

Labels:


Comments:
You've got enough info on my Blog so here's only the link.

Copy and paste into one link :
htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/28100453/BeyondPopcorn070428.rar
Pass : JD_070426

When you see this in Google cache (or similar) you have to go to my Blog and the comments otherwise you cannot copy/paste this link !!

Please give a comment when you 'take' this this. Do you like it or mot ?
 
Great post Hans !!!!
Please more like this one.

Thanks.
Raoul
 
A fine post! Thanks for all the great engagement.
 
Halo Dupree,

Ik weet het is wat laat maar ben al je post's eerst doorgelopen.
Wat een pracht van een samenstelling.
Bedankt.

Groet
BIBIP
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures