Monday, May 28, 2007

 

Celtic Women - Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring

A year ago I posted Ry Cooder with his great Jesu joy of my desiring. Check again my post Kottke, Leo - 6 and 12 string guitar 1971 but also earlier this month my referring post to Chocoreve Kottke, Leo - Live in the 70's at the VPRO.

Here's another great version of this Johann Sebastian Bach masterpiece.
Jesus remains my joy, my heart's comfort and sustainence
Jesus withstands all suffering, He is my life's strength
The sun, the desire of my eyes, treasure and delight of my soul,
and so, I let Jesus not out of my heart and future.


Violinist Máiréad (was part of River Dance) and singers Méav Ni Mhaolchatha, Chloë Agnew and Orla Fallon at the Slane Castle, Ireland.
Maybe you wouldn't think so but I'm really also into classical music ....
How refreshing this is compared to what our children have to see on eg MTV.
♪♫♪♫♪Chills!
♪♫♪♫♪This music gives me chills!

Comments:
Bach's music was touched by G'd and so is this rendition.
 
hi jean ,
Fell in your archives on this beautifull video of these celtic women. I bought the cd last year and i must say thanks for the video. Seeing this gives me even more satisfaction and made me take the cd out of my collection and listen to it again after several months. So thanks again. KEEP ON GOING ;
PS: HOPE MY ENGLISH ISN'T TOO BAD.( anders doe ik wel verder in 't nederlands lol)
 
A Belgium Popcorn friend of mine wants to learn something about classical music. What a coincidence, just yesterday I did send her this song, a little bit classic and a little bit modern.... I sure hope she likes it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures