Friday, May 11, 2007

 

Leo Kottke live in the 70's

I did buy a lot of music in the past.
As time goes by my favorite music changed. I now wonder why I did buy a lot of psych music in the 70's.
I suppose it has to do with my style of living at the time. I lived on a farm, we had a kind of commune.
Great time. I never used drugs (apart for 2-3 times a hash joint), the others did. Psych music seems to belong to it. So I also did buy that. Now I say how stupid could I be. To me music has to be simple. I prefer the pré Beatles era.
But I still like a lot of music made after that period. Leo Kottke is such an example. I learned about him in my 'commune' period.
I told ya about him in my post Kottke, Leo - 6 and 12 string guitar 1971.
One of this great songs is Kottke, Leo - Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring.

Despite my age I still work. Responsible work. So no time to post anything. Sorry.
But in my spare time I just surf the internet.
This week I visited amongst a few others Chocoreve.
He has a great live FM radio recording by Leo Kottke from 1973 Dutch VPRO rado. This Dutch radio station VPRO made a lot of great live recordings. I have quite a few on tape ....

I saw on Chocoreves posting also mentioned Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring so I had to get this.
Will check if I have this also (I think so), but my version will be a tape recording.
I'm very glad to have this in a great quality.

Please go to Chocoreve (2007_may_10) to get this radio performance. You will not be disappointed I promise ya. It's such in 'informal' performance. It's just like he's talking to a few friends and singing some songs.

When you agree with my opinion, please give Chocoreve some feedback ! That's always appreciated.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures