Tuesday, May 29, 2007

 

On this day 1917 : John F Kennedy was born

Most of my readers will agree how fast time flies.
I can remember so well when John F Kennedy became US president 1961.
To most people of my (our ?) age this should be the new era. No more war, peace, black people would get it better. A 'young' president, so the future would be for us 'youngsters'.
Wikipedea is the place to be for further information.
How different would things go. The Cuban crisis, Vietnam, Kennedy being killed.
I'll never forget where I was, what I did when the latter happened.
The future would become quite darkly for so many years.


Can you imagine John F Kennedy would have celebrated his 90th birthday today ???
By the way, do you know the song 62-Dean, Jimmy - PT-109 is about John F Kennedy ?
If not please return to Wikipedia again to read all about Kennedy's leadership during the USS PT-109 incident in the Second World War in the South Pacific !!!
Here's the beginning of the lyrics.
In forty-three, they put to sea
Thirteen men and Ken-ne-dy
Aboard the P. T. 109
To fight the brazen ene-my
And off the Isle of OLASANA
In the straits be-yond the "ROO"
A Jap destroyer in the night
Cut the One-O-Nine in two.

Complete lyrics can be found at CowboyLyrics.

Here's a little (remake !) video of this song. Have fun, although hardly appropriate when I think about the way John Kennedy died. Well, life goes on.....

Almost unneccessary to say I was, despite the mistakes Kennedy also made, one of his admirers !!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures