Tuesday, July 24, 2007

 

Today 1897 : Amelia Earhart was born

Amelia Earhart 7/24/1897 - 7/2/1937.
So she was born 110 years ago (hardly can believe 1897, first thought I made a typing mistake...) and died at the young age of just almost 40 !!!
American aviator and the first woman to fly alone over the Atlantic.
See my post Amelia Earhart on date january 11 and my offer of the LP Plainsong ft Ian Matthews which is all about her.

On the left you see a picture of her I found on Wikipedia_Amelia Earhart and underneath is the so appropriate text 'Earhart is widely regarded as a feminist icon'. So true, so true.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures