Thursday, November 22, 2007

 

Today 1962 John F Kennedy was assassinated

I suppose everyone has experienced events in the past about which, even today, one can say what he was doing at the moment.
Such an event is to me, even after 45 years, the assassination in 1963 of John F Kennedy (35th President of the US) in Dallas, Texas by (we all assume) Lee Harvey Oswald.
I was going home from the dance-hall in our town and we stopped at the fish markett. Suddenly I cursed in a bad way, something I don't do.
We all went our own way. When I came home I was told John F Kennedy was dead.
Is there more between heaven and earth ?

Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963, in Dallas, Texas. Lee Harvey Oswald was charged with the crime, but was murdered two days later by Jack Ruby before he could be put on trial. The Warren Commission concluded that Oswald had acted alone in killing the president; however, the House Select Committee on Assassinations declared in 1979 that there may have been a conspiracy. The entire subject remains controversial, with multiple theories about the assassination still being debated. The event proved to be a poignant moment in US history due to its impact on the nation and the ensuing political fallout. Many regard President Kennedy as an icon of American hopes and aspirations; he continues to rank highly in public opinion ratings of former US president.

I suppose you all will be informed today about this historical event.
To be short. To us (at the time) youngsters a dream came to an end. The dream came a little bit live again with Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy but you will remember how sad that ended too.

Check also my article 2007_May_29 (the day Kennedy was born).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures