Saturday, May 24, 2008

 

Repost 2006_05_27 Bad habits and the lessons

Didn't we have fun in the fifties and early sixties.
Read today in the local newspaper something about game junkies (just like drugs/alcohol etc). Todays/future problems.
No, the old days were much better ! We were on the street amusing ourselves. Look at the picture. Can it be me on the left or the right ?

Remember playing soccer against other district's of my city. It mostly ended up with fighting. But not the way it is today. When one felt down (and cried ..) it was over. Today they 'finish' the whole thing ...

In dental health care one of the new advantages is fluor. It makes your (children's) teeth stronger. But I can tell you from my own experience (....) that's not all. Sugar is bad. Breezer's are bad. Not cleaning your teeth is bad.

I posted earlier a Cassius Clay record. I wouldn't want to fight against him. As far as I know he did a lot for the poor people in the US especially when he became a moslim (whatever you can think of that ; religion is not the issue but the explanation ; I see a dozen moslims a day and we have a lot of fun, even about terrorists ..) and changed his name to Mohammed Ali. Give him credits !!

Here I present you the Adventures of Ali and his Gang vs Mr Tooth Decay from 1976.
Muhammad Ali and friends take on the evils of sugary snacks. I got this one years ago, and this is better than anything I could have hoped for.

Start with Muhammad Ali spending 40 minutes discussing tooth decay. Add appearances by celebrity guest stars like Frank Sinatra and Richie Havens, a bunch of kids, and some truly wooden dialog straight out of a dental textbook. Throw in a song that doesn't make any sense. And if that isn't enough for you, top it off with narration by Howard Cosell.
It was more than enough for me. A sugar high is nothing compared to what I felt listening to this treasure. The clips here barely do it justice ; you want to listen to the whole thing straight through, like I did, and you want to do it twice to catch all the details. Then you want to play it in your car. Your walkman. Your bathroom (while brushing and flossing your teeth) of course. One thing is for sure, I'll never look at ice cream the same way again.
"A Beautiful Children's Story". That's how this strange "educational" album is called on the really trippy back cover, which must have been assembled under the influence of Mescaline-laced toothpaste....

Joining "The Greatest" in his fight against the lead cavity creep are Frank Sinatra, Richie Havens, Jayne Kennedy, Ossie Davis and Howard Cosell. The experienced voice talent really makes Ali's stilted reading of the script stand apart.
Frank Sinatra is a storekeeper who is about ready to give the kids some Ice Cream on a Hot Summer Day, before Muhammad Ali steps in to save the day, and tell the kids how all that SUGAR in the Ice Cream is the leading cause of Tooth Decay. This Ol' Blue-eyed storekeeper is very happy that Muhammad Ali is interfering with his business. Ali rescues the kids and takes them by bus to a farm. This is an organic fruit and vegetable farm run by a "Mr St John" (played by Ossie Davis) who tells the kids about a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables, and avoiding sugar, and brushing their teeth regularly. He also gives them a talk about preventing tooth decay, but this happens off-mic (while we're flipping the record over, I guess). Instead, we are taken back to the clubhouse scene where Mr Tooth Decay is setting to his nefarious plans. We come back to the farm, and Mr St John repeats the lesson. The kids have questions, but strangely, the most intelligent questions are asked by a woman obviously disguising her voice to sound younger. Then the gang goes back to their clubhouse, and Mr Tooth Decay attacks ! Before Ali can save the day, one of the poor kids falls victim. Medic ! Medic !

Is it any coincidence that this record was produced and co-written by Arther Morrison ? I also notice that this album is copyrighted 1976 by St Johns Fruits and Vegetables Co, of Beverly Hils, CA.I further note St Johns is run by a certain Arther Morrison. Hmmm. Do I smell an angle to this propaganda ? I'm sure you've heard of this one, and maybe you've heard bits and pieces of it in random spots on the web, but here's your chance to have the whole thing to listen to at your own peril.
Make sure to get a big bowl of ice cream before you play it.
I'm going to clean my teeth now !!
And for Father's day in a few weeks in june I'm going ask my children for a giant toothbrush to put in my back pocket, so I'm always ready !!
Just a poll. Can it be me on the left or the right on the first picture ?

Oeffff this is a long one. Sorry. Not entirely my own story....
Info is in the comments. It's in four parts of 10 minute's. 40MB 128Kbits.

Labels:


Comments:
Note : full screen window gives you the best view of the comments !

You will have to do a little work to get the link.
Sorry, but this seems, in my opinion, the best way to 'protect' my links and the least effort for you.
Copy and paste into one link, paste it in your browser-url (or 'downloadmanager') and hit RETURN
:
htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/354811/CC-MAahGvsMTD76.rar

Pass to extract the file : jeansmusicblog.blogspot.com
The file is a small 35MB, 'cause the songs are only in low bitrate 128kbits.
Please donnut give a nasty comment about that.

>>
The next depends, amongst other things, on your security options in your browser and by so the ability to copy/paste the link.

When you see this in Google or Yahoo cache or by my Blog's search function read first the RED instructions at the top left of my Blog !
Direct link (after that go to the plain comment of this 2008_may article !) : JeansMusicBlog
Also possible : just click the 'post a comment' section here and you are able to copy/paste !
>>
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures