Wednesday, June 11, 2008

 

Grumpy's Golden Oldies Top20 2008_06_10

Grumpy's Golden Oldies is a personal website and is run by enthusiasts of historical pop music, for the interest of other enthusiasts, on a non-profit making basis. The objective is to introduce you to forgotten artists and songs.
So go to Grumpy's Golden Oldies and check the main-page. By the way, 'the site is best viewed with a bottle of scotch' (or gin....).
Please first read the rule-DETAILS (no simple requests like Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There). Requests can be made in the GUESTBOOK and the songs can be found at the NEW SONG PAGE. Easy enough but please participate in finding old songs !

Here are some songs which have been found lately and fit a littlebit in the genre Popcorn and oldies.
Grumpy's Golden Oldies Top20 2008_06_10
01-Alice Babs - After You're Gone (...a jazz classic...)
02-Tads - Bumble Bee
03-Frank Weir Orchestra - Caribbean Honeymoon
04-Mus-Twangs - Dearest
(...Buddy Holly original...)
05-Fleetwoods - Dormilona
06-Billy Tircuit - I Confess
07-Big Maybelle - I Don't Want to Cry
08-Miki & Griff - It's My Way
(...in Everly Brothers style...)
09-Deane Hawley - Like A Fool
10-Ronnie Cord - Mr Cupid
(...nice Popcorn song...)
11-Russell Byrd - Nights In Mexico
12-Mickey Denton - Now You Can't Give Them Away
(...Popcorn...)
13-Geno Washington - Now You're Lonely
14-Mel Williams - Promises, Promises, Promises
15-Six Teens - Stop Playing Ping Pong With My Little Heart
16-Shades - Sun Glasses
(...addictive song...)
17-Brass Ring - The Phoenix Love Theme
18-Billy Barnes - Until
19-Flintstones - Workout
20-Barons - When You Dance
(...a capella doo wop...Popcorn ?...)
More info in the comment section.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Note : full screen window gives you the best view of the comments !

'Clickable' links are for you downloaders soooo convienent but the disadvantage is they don't seem to 'last' long.
The Blogger gets a lot of comments 'please re-up'...... Other, more appropriate/interesting comments, they sadly don't get.... :(
So you will have to do a little work to get the link.
This seems, in my opinion, the best deal between 'protecting' my links and the least effort for you.


Link :
http://r#pidsh#re.com/files/121539603/GGO_T20-2008_06_10.rar
Of course you understand to replace in r#pidsh#re twice the # in an a otherwise you don't have a 'valid' link !!
Paste this valid link in your browser-url and hit RETURN. You can also copy/paste the link into your 'downloadmanager'.

Pass to extract the file : 080610
The file is a small 45MB, 'cause the songs are only in low bitrate 128kbits.
Please donnut give a nasty comment about that.

>>
The next depends, amongst other things, on your security options in your browser and by so the ability to copy/paste the link.

When you see this in Google or Yahoo cache or by my Blog's search function read first the RED instructions at the top left of my Blog !
Direct link (after that go to the plain comment of this 2008_june article !) : JeansMusicBlog
Also possible : just click the 'post a comment' section here and you are able to copy/paste !
>>
 
Ciao,

Dit is een bom van een kompilatie
Toch alweer enkele nummers die ik nog nooit gehoord had.
Duizend maal dank.

Rocco
 
dag jean,
inderdaad een mooie compilatie.
die ongekende pareltjes moeten meer in de aandacht komen en dat zal wel lukken, zeer interessante link trouwens naar deze voor mij onbekende blog.Thanks

LUC
 
Thanks for all the great music Jean! The popcorn compilations are my favorites.
 
Hi!

I'll definitely be following this, though I'm on my way out right now so I don't have the opportunity to look through your blog at the moment.

I'm new to 50's music, and must say that I love what I've found so far. I came into it through my own music blog project which is a trip through time from the 50's to present time. I've only just started, so I'm still digging in the 50's.

http://musical-time-machine.blogspot.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures