Tuesday, October 14, 2008

 

Monty Python - The good old days


Monty Python - Four Yorkshiremen, The 1948 show

Monty Python - Four Yorkshiremen, 40 years later
(Four yorkshiremen with John Cleese, Rowan Atkinson, Michael Palin & Terry Jones).

I wrote about the financial crises and how little we had in them fifties when we were young. This morning Keld (we don't differ much in age..) responded in the shoutbox and asked for a Monty Python sketch 'in them good old days'. Well I picked these two from Youtube (there are more 'alike'..).
Of course this is cabaret but in fact we didn't had much.
I remember Santa Claus. When we got home from church in the middle of the night Santa had visited us.... I got a color pencil set for school, new underwear set, some sweeties, drawing paper and a simple chess board....
How happy I was (as were my sister and brother with the same kind of gifts).....
We learned to be satisfied with 'nothing' and man o man, how happy we were...

Comments:
Even tho this is a sketch ( still very funny all these years later) its got elements of truth in there.. I remember one year all I wanted was a leather football, that was it, probably cost about 2 0r 3 pounds, I got it and was a happy 10 year old,
today id probably want about £1000!!
Whatever happened to Christmas????
Binky
 
A leather football ?? How lucky you were !
When I was 10, we made ourselves a football of wore out old clothes hold together by elastic !!!

To be true, I also got a leather one around that age. How nice it smelled.... I almost didn't dare to play with it.... Lol.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures