Saturday, April 15, 2006

 

My first LP

The first album I did buy (1957 or so) was a cheap classical album with Mozart's Eine kleine Nachtmusik and on the back Bach's Brandenburg's Concert #03. It was a gift for my mother.
Later on I discovered why it was so cheap. Bach's Concert didn't have violins. So instead of very lively it sounded dark (hope you understand my English). Sometimes when I'm in a bad mood I still play that record.

Round 57-58 I was going to the outdoor swimming pool and heard there for the first time US r'n'roll/rockabilly/ballads etc. Quite different from what we heard from our parents. Immediately the Everly's got me. Such a nice harmony. Such a nice text's (mostly by Beaudlieux/Bryant I learned later on).
So the second album was a one only released here in Holland somewhere end 50's. A 10 inch The Everly Brothers - It's Everly Time.
Too costly to play nowadays so I enjoy the Cadence period on a cd.

Labels:


Comments:
The first LP I bought was called Wish You Were Here and was a compilation by different artists from Columbia and I still have it and even bought a copy to replace it if it went bad at the Hope Rescue Mission store where I buy most of my used records; also get a lot from Goodwill stores too. Before that record I had a bunch of 45's and 78's and those big classical 78's. I think I had a few 161/2's also; they weren't around very long I don't think. You have an interesting blog here and that's why I went to the beginning of it. I'm not going to comment to get the music; I do it normally on 360 and Multiply so like Beat The Clock which I will be commenting on later if I'm interested I'll comment. Take care Barry
 
Great choice for a start to rock&roll. The Everly's were an integrel part of my teenage years, and i knew what went on in those dark movie theaters when they sang Wake up little Susie. lol. Great Post Thanks.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures