Saturday, November 11, 2006

 

Star Sisters in concert


During the second World War there were a lot of US/UK entertainers who performed for the troups.
Amongst them of course The Andrews Sisters. My mom liked them soooo much.


In the Netherlands there was in the seventies a producer Jaap Eggermont who got a lot of succes with his series 'Stars of' on which Dutch singers covering old hits in medleys like it was original.

He also made an LP 'Star Sisters in concert' on which the 'Paay sisters' acted as if they were The Andrews Sisters.
When one listens to this record it's just like you are present on such an old evening.

On the left is the announcement and on the right the setlist for this superb extra ordinary evening. In the comments is my personal invitation to attend.

EDIT 2007_07_17.
On this day I posted a videoclip Star Sisters proudly presents Andrew Sisters Medley which 'belongs' to this Star Sisters in concert LP !

Labels: ,


Comments:
Road to this live concert :

http://rapidshare.com/files/1786970/SS-SSiC_JD.rar

The entrance ticket is :
JeanDupree
 
Hi!

It's a real pleasure to find this jewel of the second war time music. Many thanks for sharing. However, after hearing carefully, I've found that on the last track ("Plaza-7900") there are several "jumps" that affect the overall quality of your share. The "jumps" are located at 0'06", 3'35" and 4'29" and are very obvious. In my humble opinion, I consider that this jewel could be almost perfect simply by adding a separate file that replaces this damaged track. Hope that you could correct this problem.
I should be very grateful if you can send to me an email at artymex@starmedia.com when this change has been made.
Best regards
 
Hi Arty, just listened and you are right.
Made this in 2000 or so from my vinyl. Suppose there were a lot of scratches and even big plops. Don't remember how I cleaned it. Did that automatically but also by hand if ya know what I mean. After that made the rip and put the LP in a sleeve aside forever.
So it's useless to me today to make another rip. The problem will stay the same.
Although you are right I will stick to my original rip. Four plops in 40 minutes music isn't bad....
You/everyone will have to do with it...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures