Friday, January 19, 2007

 

On this day 1939 : Phil Everly 68 years young

A special day for me : Phil Everly's birthday.
Listened in the fifties to the crooner music my parents liked. Became familiar by AFN (American Forces Network) with r'n'roll/rockabilly/blues but also nice close harmony singing like the Everly's.
Remember I went during a very hot summer to the swinging pool and all day long there were a lot of Everly songs played. I had to buy some of their records.
See for my first LP It's Everly Time.
Now I must have all of them I think. So very nice to listen to !!!
In my archives you can find a 'portrait of Phil'. Look and find it !


By the way, I also learned Jean Stapleton ('All in the Family') celibrates today her 84th birthday. See for her a few days ago.


Comments:
thank for your comment in my blog.
I want Ruth Brown and Lou Cristie, do you have ??
Please ... thank you
 
Like Elvis, the Everlys were a big part of my early teen music experience.
I don't think anyone else manages to harmonise as well as they do - pure honey smooth magic.

My God - Phil's 68 years old !!
I still see him & Don in their 20's - ageless, just like me (I wish)

Well what can I say except "Thanks Phil and Happy Birthday"
 
@Musicnews (Furyanimal ....), see my posting in a few hours about Ruth Brown. If she still lived she would have celebrated her birthday last week ..

@Ozzy, and to know that Don is even older. I almost can't imagine.
Sadly never saw them live but have some vid's.
I can understand nowadays they only do performances for about 15 minutes as guests by eg Simon & Garfunkel instead of whole shows. I'm 'a little' younger and want to retire... : I'm not ageless .... :-(
 
I tried the links for this album but they are dead,any chance of a reup,would luv to have it.thanks!
 
I don't get ya Bat.

There are no links to any album.
This Phil Everly posting is just a piece of writing.
I try on my BLog not only to offer music : you can get that "all over the place"....

A littlebit funny things and some writing are more important to me than just offering music.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures