Thursday, February 01, 2007

 

On this day 1937 : Don Everly 70 years young !

How is it possible that a guy whose vocal harmonies with his 'baby brother' (as he, as well as his father Ike, called him) 'got me like a lighting strike' celebrates today his 70th birthday !!
Before you misinterprete me, I mean it seems like yesterday in the fifties I heard for the first time nice songs like Bye bye love, Wake up little Susie, All I Have to Do Is Dream, Bird Dog, ('Til) I Kissed You and so on and so on.
And now they are 70 and 68 years of age !
The Everly Brothers ! The Everly Brothers !
The Everly Brothers : Don was born February 1, 1937 and Phil on January 19, 1939.
What a party's in the family these weeks.
Anyway I wish Don a happy anniversary and all the best.



On Answers site you can find their biography plus other links or if that's not enough you can go to the Everly Brothers vocal group page which is dedicated to them.
I won't argue about their splitting in 1973 (was it ?). It isn't easy to do for so many years so much things together all the time.
So the Everly's : foreverly yours, foreverly mine !

Look for one of Don's solo albums in my archives 2006 april 4.

I was quite happy when they decided ten years later to give it another go.
Every fan of good vocal harmony must have been thrilled when they did their Reunion concert on 1983_09_23.
As far as I know/remember I give you here the ultimate complete concert of that reunion in London !
One only sees excerpts in the music store (see also AMG eg) but this is 100 minutes of great live harmonies.

So see the comments where

Labels:


Comments:
Everly Brothers - Reunion Concert 1983_09_23 CD 1
01-Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
02-Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
03-Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
04-Everly Brothers - (Til') I Kissed You
05-Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
06-Everly Brothers - Cludette
07-Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
08-Everly Brothers - Walk Right Back
09-Everly Brothers - Temptation
10-Everly Brothers - Medley Devoted To You, Ebony Eyes, Love Hurts
11-Everly Brothers - You Send Me
12-Everly Brothers - Blues (Stay Away From Me)
13-Everly Brothers - Down In The Willow Garden
14-Everly Brothers - Long Time Gone

Everly Brothers - Reunion Concert 1983_09_23 CD 2
01-Everly Brothers - Lucille
02-Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
03-Everly Brothers - Let It Be Me
04-Everly Brothers - The Price Of Love
05-Everly Brothers - Love Is Strange
06-Everly Brothers - When Will I Be Loved
07-Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
08-Everly Brothers - Gone, Gone, Gone
09-Everly Brothers - (Take A) Message To Mary
10-Everly Brothers - I Wonder If I Care As Much
11-Everly Brothers - Lightning Express
12-Everly Brothers - For The Love Of Barbara Allen
13-Everly Brothers - Be Bop A Lula
14-Everly Brothers - Good Golly Miss Molly


Copy and paste into one link

htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/1341439/EB_RC_83_1.rar

Pass : JeanDupreeEB28a5


Copy and paste into one link for the second

htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/1344122/EB_RC_83_2.rar

Pass : JeanDupreeEB7c66

I made it at 128Kbits.
Disadvantage is the low quality but advantage is that each file is only 55MB.
 
Thanks a lot for this Jean.

Sounds just great to me at 128 kbps - one advantage of "old" ears !

Didn't they both have fantastic hairstyles ?

Oh yeah & happy birthday Don.
 
Halo
Thanks a lot for this.
Do you have anything from:
The Everly Brothers
cd-1-The Everly Brothers Sing Great Country Hits
cd-2-Roots
cd-3-Songs Our Daddy Taught Us
Thank you very much for your help and attention.
Miro
Bosna i Hercegovina
 
Miro, I must have The Everly Brothers more... than complete so I have these also.

I assume you will like me to post them, but I will not for two reasons.
First, I already posted something here and earlier by Don and Phil. I don't want to post too many by one artist. I like to have a reason to write/post so the days of the year will give me reasons enough to 'vary'.
Second, Warner Brothers is re-issueing since about three years all their Everly albums in a 2LP on 1 CD serie (with bonus tracks !!). It goes more slowly as hoped but I think they will finish that job. But of course only if they sell enough.
In my opinion these CD's are, although originally quite old LP's, way too new on CD to offer on a BLog like mine.

I also don't wanna post just a lot of albums sec. BLog's who do will become 'famous' and very frequently visited. Nice for them but that's not my intention.
Although I too have for fun a 'counter' I like to stay small.
One way is to limit my offers.

So sorry, hope you and anyone else will understand somehow.
But who knows what the time will bring.
 
Halo
Thank you very much for your help and attention.
Miro
Bosna i Hercegovina
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures