Tuesday, March 06, 2007

 

Miss X Joyce Blair

During the last week I notice on Google almost every day a search to Miss X Joyce Blair.
She/he comes also to my Blog where I posted that song february 3 (Popcorn ...).
Sadly I noticed my link is gone but I wonder why that, or more, person(s) doesn't give a comment so I can re-upload. Too much effort ??

I also wonder why there seems to be such a desperate need for this song.
At E-Bay you can/could buy the single at about Euro/dollar 3-9, so a quite fair price.

By the way Joyce Blair passed away 19 august 2006 at the age of 73 years.
Go for instance to News independent to get some more info.
Your obituary left out a fun bit of her long career when she had a connection, albeit somewhat remote, to the Profumo scandal, writes Ellis Rich.

In 1963, under the pseudonym "Miss X", she recorded a single on the Ember Records label entitled "Christine", a then slightly risqué song about Christine Keeler, who featured so much in the John Profumo/Stephen Ward case. The single entered the charts and, in August 1963, Joyce found herself on the iconic TV show Ready Steady Go, sharing the bill with Pat Boone, Billy Fury, Brian Poole and the Tremeloes, Burl Ives and Chris Barber.

I believe I have more info (...) to that TV show Ready Steady Go so who knows maybe in the future ....

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures