Friday, March 09, 2007

 

On this day 1932 : Keely Smith birthday

EDIT 2007_07_01
Sadly all these nice vid's have been removed. You'll have to do with just my text.

On a local forum a few months ago I saw a videoclip by Louis Prima.
Some of the members, who claim to have great historical music knowledge, asked who that stupid looking/acting lady was beside Louis Prima.......
Well of course that lady was (at that moment) his wife Keely Smith. A woman with a very nice jazzy voice who celebrates today her 75th birthday.

It was just making fun, part of the show. Prima was famous for his riotous stage presence, what Keely Smith called "that charisma … that little boy thing" that had him mugging for the camera, mock-dueling with his band members, and generally bouncing off the walls. Smith was an ideal foil to this hyper-hepcat, a chanteuse whose smoldering stare and look of mock-contempt threw Prima’s antics into joyous high relief.

The first clip gives you a fine slide show wilst the second shows her nice voice.

Here's Louis Prima as a Grammy winner in 1959. I believe they complained on this one of Keely's behaviour. But it's all part of the show as you can see in the other clip.
Watch the great performance by Sam Butera (and the joking by Louis !!).
Ahhh, this was (and is ...) great music !




Nice video's aren't they ?
Take a quick look in the comments to find out more about Keely (ánd Louis ánd Sam ánd the Witnesses) !!
I promise you superb 'classics' like That old black magic & I've Got You Under My Skin and many more like their medley's Should I-I can't Believe That You're In Love With Me & Embracable You-I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good.
Info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keely_Smith


EDIT
Licorice Pizza/A Taste of Vinyl has a nice offer for ya (ssssst, it's Keely's first LP, ssssst, keep it quiet...).

Labels:


Comments:
Prima, Louis - The original Louis Prima

01-Prima, Louis - Buona Sera
02-Prima, Louis - Oh Marie
03-Prima, Louis - Pennies From Heaven
04-Prima, Louis - Medley - Angeling - Zooma Zooma
05-Prima, Louis - Medley-Just A Gigolo - I Ain't Got Nobody
06-Prima, Louis & Keely Smith - That Old Black Magic
07-Prima, Louis & Keely Smith - I've Got You Under My Skin
08-Prima, Louis - Body And Soul
09-Prima, Louis & Keely Smith - It's Magic
10-Prima, Louis & Keely Smith - I'm In The Mood For Love
11-Prima, Louis - Night Train
12-Prima, Louis - Banana Split For My Baby
13-Prima, Louis & Keely Smith - Baby Won't You Please Come Home
14-Prima, Louis & Keely Smith - Medley-Should I-Ican't Believe That You're In Love With Me
15-Prima, Louis & Keely Smith - Medley-Embracable You-I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good
16-Prima, Louis - Medley-Basin Street Blues - When It's Sleepy Time Down South
17-Prima, Louis - The Music Goes 'round And Around


Copy and paste into one link :
htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/19761557/P_L-ToLP.rar

Pass : JD_070306

Does someone likes to have posted these 4 clips here also ?
 
je hebt gedownload bij rock and roll je moet wel zeggen welke cds je wil hebben want ze hebben allemaal andere wachtwoorden er zijn er verschillende die je zo kan halen groetjes jovaria
 
Merci Jovaria; Het is inmiddels gelukt.
Ik heb je op je BLog zelf geantwoord !
 
JeanD, don't know if you got this before the closure, but it is available. Keely's first "solo" album

http://lix.in/f1acef
 
Tim(bo), great album, don't have it.
So thank you very much !!!!!!
May I post your above link in my original posting ?

Sad to see you closed your Blog. Understand why you did it. On the other hand I don't understand why that guy said that.
Hope it's only temporarily.

I always liked to read your stories and your personal made compilations to 'prove' your point.
Not just posting a lot of (recent) albums but, like I try to too, give personal remarks about our old music interests.

So I really hope you will revive your Blog in the near future.

To the other readers of this comment.
Check my link on the left to Licorica Pizza on the left !!
 
JD, I am back in business and of course my friend, you may link anything at LP here. Timbo
 
Hi Timbo, just before my crash I noticed you were back.
Although my reason of absence was different I'm glad to be back too !

Blogging is addictive ...

JD
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures