Monday, July 16, 2007

 

Andrews Sisters & Glenn Miller - Chesterfield Broadcasts 1939_1940

Retiring and having a lot of spare time ? After just two weeks : no. I'll tell ya later how busy I am. My succeeder (better said 'the organisation') doesn't seem to do very well. Hard to stay on the 'outside'..... Gladly my (... not anymore ? ...) assistant Henny will today accompany one of my (Turkish) disabled patients for the fourth (...) time to the University hospital where she would be treated. They said they nowadays don't see these persons treated in a general practice anymore but I am sad treatment in a hospital takes too much time (discussing/protocol and so on ....). It's soooo difficult to say I'm not involved anymore and to let things go on.......
Well you come to me because of the music and you are not interested in my 'diary'...

Have some time now to search the internet and found this very interesting 2CD.
Have a lot of this kind of old radio recordings. Sadly, but understandable, in a very low quality.
If I remember well this kind of commercial broadcasts lasted 15 or 30 minutes. In Europe we listened to them later on by the AFN (American Forces Network Europe).

If you wanna go back into time (way back into time ....) write your remarks in the comment section ...

Labels: ,


Comments:
Yes, I want to go back in time.

Can you provide a link, please?
 
Miller, Glenn & Andrews Sisters - The Chesterfield Broadcasts (1939-40)

01 - Introduction
02 - Oh Johnny, Oh Johnny, Oh!
03 - I've Got No Strings
04 - Begin The Beguine
05 - Indian Summer
06 - Chico's Love Song (Ma-La-Ja Fah-La Pas-Ka Lah-Tah)
07 - Bei Mir Bist Du Schön (Means that You're Grand)
08 - Beer Barrel Polka (Roll Out the Barrel)
09 - In The Mood
10 - I Love You Much Too Much
11 - The Donkey Serenade
12 - Tuxedo Junction
13 - Say 'Si Si' (In Spain They Say 'Si Si')
14 - The Rumba Jumps!
15 - Hold Tight-Hold Tight (Want Some Sea Food Mama)
16 - Yodelin' Jive
17 - One O'Clock Jump
18 - Closing Announcements

01 - Introduction
02 - The Little Red Fox (N'ya N'ya Ya Can't Catch Me)
03 - Ciribiribin
04 - South Of The Border
05 - It's A Blue World
06 - The Woodpecker Song
07 - Well, All Right!
08 - South American Way
09 - Little Brown Jug
10 - Little Sally Waters
11 - I Want My Mama (Mama Yo Quiero)
12 - Three O'Clock In The Morning
13 - Sweet Potato Piper
14 - (Down By The) O-HI-O (O-My-O!)
15 - Let's Have Another One (Before We Say Good-Night)
16 - Joseph! Joseph!
17 - Runnin' Wild
18 - Run, Rabbit, Run!
19 - Do I Love You
20 - Farewell Blues
21 - Closing Announcements

You need BOTH links (75MB & 35MB) !

Copy and paste into one link :
htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/43160500/AS_GMO-CV_39_40.part1.rar

Copy and paste into one link :
htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/43161266/AS_GMO-CV_39_40.part2.rar

Pass : 070716

>>
When you see this in Google cache (or alike) you actually have to go to my BLog and this comment otherwise you cannot copy/paste this !
If you don't wanna come to me you can of course also write it down ...... :-)
http://jeansmusicblog.blogspot.com/
http://jeansmusicblog.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html
>>
 
Thank you!
 
Hi Mel, you're welcome !

Although my writing would suggest otherwise it wasn't my intention to get requests.

Last night it simply was too late to fix/post the links.
So I should have done it anyway.

Hope you like these 4 or 5 broadcast compilations !
 
awesome
 
wonderful... timeless, absolutely timeless!
 
Thank you for sharing these lovely songs! They're really hard to get!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures