Sunday, September 09, 2007

 

Emmylou Harris & James Burton - Live 1976

I like the better music .... do I ?
Through the years I collected a lot of music.
Entered a while ago he last part of my life and I discovered my musical choice wasn't bad at all at that time. Collected strange obscure music but also the ones who will last 'a life time'.
I don't mean Beatles, Rolling Stones, Kinks, Byrds, Elvis Presley, Cliff Richard, Johnny Hallyday and so on.
If you are a music lover you certainly will have some of them.
I mean music/artists who didn't reach the charts (very often) but are important to the music-scene and will last forever.
Examples Harry Nilsson and Randy Newman.
I will post in the future some of those albums without a personal note (as I did with Iron Butterfly). I hoped my BLog would be interactive but sadly that's not he case because of you, my readers. So just some albums.

Some of those all-time artists to me is Emmylou Harris. I wrote about her earlier. Search my Blog for that (see at the top).
I thought I had (almost) everything of her. I am wrong. Surfing the internet last weeks (seems I don't do that enough) I found a 1976 live bootleg recording of her with James Burton which is new to me.
Although it has some crackles (which I like by the way !!) it's a very enjoyable recording.
I offer you this LP in the comments. Again, this is not my LP but someone elses. Sadly I don't know where I found it. Credits go to him/her !! If I knew I would give you a link to that internet page. Enjoy this (as my friends wil ...).

EDIT 2007_09_20
Found one of the giver's of this album : bearwil : credits to her/him.
One of the best, if not the best, voices of modern country music in her early years accompanied by one of the finest guitarists in his style. This album contains a live recording from 1976 on which she looks back to the Gram Parsons days (listen to the great version of The Flying Burrito Brother's Sin City) and brings a great compilation of the best songs from her first albums. This probably is a bootleg 'cause on the internet no information can be found on things as where the concert took place or who the band is - though it's quite likely that it's the Hot Band. The recording and sound quality are great, though sometimes a very light hiss may tell that this was copied straight from vinyl. A must for anyone who likes or loves Emmylou.

Labels:


Comments:
Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - Live 1976

01-Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - Cash On The Barrelhead
02-Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - You're Still On My Mind
03-Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - Coat Of Many Colors
04-Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - The Race Is On
05-Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - If I Could Only Win Your Love
06-Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - The Angels Rejoiced
07-Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - Country Baptizin'
08-Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - Tulsa Queen
09-Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - The Bottle Let Me Down
10-Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - Sin City
11-Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - Here, There And Everywhere
12-Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - One Of These Days
13-Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - Feelin' Single, Seein' Double
14-Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - Together Again
15-Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - Amarillo
16-Harris, Emmylou & James Burton - Grievous Angel

Link :
http://r#pidsh#re.com/files/54325269/H_E_JB-Live76.rar

Of course you understand to replace twice the '#' in an 'a' otherwise you don't have a 'valid' link !!

Pass : 070908

File is 80MB, 'cause the songs are (this time : it's someone else's vinyl rip) in 192kbits : you are lucky.... {-)

>>
When you see this in Google cache (or alike or through using the search function in my Blog) you actually have to go to my Blog and this comment otherwise you cannot copy/paste this !
If you don't wanna come to me of course you can also write the link down and type it afterwards...... :-)
http://jeansmusicblog.blogspot.com/
http://jeansmusicblog.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html
So go back to 'Google search' and click on my main 'Blog link' instead of the 'Google cache'.
Or click on this page on 'home' and go to the '2007 september archives'.
>>
 
Thank you great, Saluti from Italy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures