Friday, October 05, 2007

 

Today 1962 Beatles : Love me do/PS I love you

Today it's 45 years ago the Beatles released their fist single. When I heard it a few days later for the first time I immediately knew this was different. A new musical era had started.
A few month's later I discovered an even better British group called The Rolling Stones. And I became fan of them. From that moment on I just talk about that 'local group from Liverpool'..... I like to tease.

Well 45 years ago was a memoriable day so I present in the comment the Beatles' first 1963 LP Please please me on which Love me do is present..
But that's not all there is to say. It's a Purple Chick double cd for fans only. It contains the mono version as well as the stereo version of the original LP. Added are a lot of alternate takes.

You have never heard of Purple Chick ?? Purple Chick is a purely online trading bootlegger who tries to make an album (artist/group) really complete.
An example : The Beach Boys Smile - a reconstruction.
Another one is the great 10CD complete Buddy Holly (10 hrs....) recordings !
Well he made the Beatles also complete (almost....). So credits to him !
Don't bother searching the web : there is no Purple Chick website.
Purple Chick writes along with his personal made cd's :
DISCLAIMER: The following work is in no way a "bootleg" made for profit or sale.
The words printed on the packaging of the disc say it all - "This is a fan-created disc, and Never For Sale !!!"

Back to Love me do. Full info can be obtained at Wikipedia.
Love Me Do was recorded by the Beatles on different occasions with three different drummers:
The Beatles first recorded it on 6 June 1962 with Pete Best on drums, as part of their EMI audition at Abbey Road Studios in London.
By 4 September, Best had been replaced with Ringo Starr (producer George Martin did not approve of Best's drumming), and on that day the Beatles with Starr recorded a version again at Abbey Road Studios.
One week later, on 11 September, the Beatles returned to the same studio to discover that Martin was dissatisfied with Starr's drumming, and they made a recording of "Love Me Do" with session drummer Andy White on drums while Starr played tambourine.


On the LP (and this 2CD) is the Andy White version.
As bonus I added the two other versions of Love me do in the 'root section' of my offer.
First the original UK single version with Ringo.
Second the version with Pete Best. Personally I like this one the best. At 1.40 he starts a kinda waltz theme. This recording is a littlebit slow so I can imagine this didn't became the definitive single (also because Pete Best was replaced).

Full further info about this Purple Chick 2CD in the comment.

Labels:


Comments:
Note : full screen window gives you the best view of the comments !

Beatles - Please Please Me _Deluxe edition Purple Chick
01-Beatles - Love Me Do (Pete Best Version)
02-Beatles - Love Me Do (Ringo version)

CD1
01-Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There (stereo)
02-Beatles - Misery (stereo)
03-Beatles - Anna (Go To Him) (stereo)
04-Beatles - Chains (stereo)
05-Beatles - Boys (stereo)
06-Beatles - Ask Me Why (stereo)
07-Beatles - Please Please Me (stereo)
08-Beatles - Love Me Do (stereo)
09-Beatles - PS I Love You (stereo)
10-Beatles - Baby It's You (stereo)
11-Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret (stereo)
12-Beatles - A Taste Of Honey (stereo)
13-Beatles - There's A Place (stereo)
14-Beatles - Twist And Shout (stereo)
15-Beatles - How Do You Do It (Anthology Edit)
16-Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There (mono)
17-Beatles - Misery (mono)
18-Beatles - Anna (Go To Him) (mono)
19-Beatles - Chains (mono)
20-Beatles - Boys (mono)
21-Beatles - Ask Me Why (mono)
22-Beatles - Please Please Me (mono)
23-Beatles - Love Me Do (mono)
24-Beatles - PS I Love You (mono)
25-Beatles - Baby It's You (mono)
26-Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret (mono)
27-Beatles - A Taste Of Honey (mono)
28-Beatles - There's A Place (mono)
29-Beatles - Twist And Shout (mono)
30-Beatles - Please Please Me (single mix)
31-Beatles - Ask Me Why single (single mix)

CD2
01-Beatles - How Do You Do It
02-Beatles - Love Me Do
03-Beatles - Please Please Me
04-Beatles - There's A Place - take 1
05-Beatles - There's A Place - take 2
06-Beatles - There's A Place - take 3
07-Beatles - There's A Place - take 4
08-Beatles - There's A Place - take 5
09-Beatles - There's A Place - take 6
10-Beatles - There's A Place - take 7
11-Beatles - There's A Place - take 8
12-Beatles - There's A Place - take 9
13-Beatles - There's A Place - take 10
14-Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There - take 1
15-Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There - take 2
16-Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There - take 3
17-Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There - take 4
18-Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There - take 5
19-Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There - take 6
20-Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There - take 7
21-Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There - take 8
22-Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There - take 9
23-Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret - take 7
24-Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret - take 8
25-Beatles - A Taste Of Honey - take 6
26-Beatles - A Taste Of Honey - take 7
27-Beatles - There's A Place - take 11
28-Beatles - There's A Place - take 12
29-Beatles - There's A Place - take 13
30-Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There - take 10
31-Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There - take 11
32-Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There - take 12
33-Beatles - Misery - take 1
34-Beatles - Misery - take 2
35-Beatles - Misery - take 3
36-Beatles - Misery - take 4
37-Beatles - Misery - take 5
38-Beatles - Misery - take 6
39-Beatles - Misery - take 7
40-Beatles - Misery - take 8

You will have to do a little work to get the link. Sorry, otherwise I have to use 'transferrers'.
Copy and paste into one link, paste it in your browser and hit RETURN
:
htt
AND
p://rapi
AND
dshare.com/files/60474259/B-PPM_DePC.rar

Pass to extract the file : 071005

If you wanna have this great compilation I have to warn you.
To get this 2CD with 2 1/2 hrs listening pleasure in just one file I had to make the mp3's in 96kbits.
With the included scans this gave a file of 99MB.

>>
When you see this in Google or Yahoo cache or by my Blog's search function read first the RED instructions at the top left of my Blog !
Direct link (after that go to the comment of this article !) : JeansMusicBlog 2007_october archive
>>
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures