Sunday, January 06, 2008

 

Beatles, Rolling Stones & Elvis Presley weeks

Possible articles in the near future.

None really scheduled.
As I told ya earlier last year I wanna reconsider the future of my Blog : CLOSE or go on.


The next three weeks I just wanna post some Beatles, Rolling Stones and Elvis Presley 'items'.
Maybe YOU have some suggestions ?

EDIT 2008_01_12
I don't have any problems to find in my opinion interesting albums by Elvis Presley or the Rolling Stones.
The Beatles.... quite different. I'm not really a fan....lol.. This costs me visitors...
I already prepared for tomorrow the 1960 Paul McCartney home tapes by Beatles (aka Beatals) : The Braun-Kirchherr tapes.
But what can the next one be ? The Quarrymen (including a few seconds of Puttin' On The Style 7-6-57, their oldest known recording) ? Some BBC radio recordings ?
A or some video's ? Or maybe even their great 'alternates' the Rutles........... ?

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Jean, you have a great Blog !
And after this flattering (hope this is correct English) do you have something by The Beatles in Hamburg or even earlier ?
Greetings from Germany.
 
Jean

If you do give up I would miss your blog, one of the best there is for this (my favourite) type of music. I am into late fifties (Buddy Holly, Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, Everly Brothers etc)and 60's (Beatles, Stones, Manfred Mann, Small Faces, Kinks etc) music so this has been excellent.

I remember years ago I had a Stones Double album that was live, got lost somewhere over the years. If you have that, I can't even remeber the name, could you post it up. All I remember was that it was recorded possibly 65/66.

Cheers

Steve
 
Steve,
closing my Blog. Yeah, it keeps going round and round and round in my mind....
So not too much bla bla this month. Kind of retreate/rethink....
>>
I'm not so much a fan of the Faces, Manfred Mann, Kinks, Searchers, Swinging Blue Jeans or alike.
I have some records by them but somehow I kept in them years the British beat beside me....
British blues (John Mayall, Fleetwood Mac, Eric Clapton and so on) is something different....
>>
I'm a fan of the Rolling Stones, far better than the Beatles..... Uhhh, now I get complaints and/or this costs me visitors....
Although I'm not really a fan of their live albums (official or bootleg) I do have some but not many.
So your 'live' request in that time-frame is difficult to me.
The Stones made an offical single LP 66-12 Got live if you want it.
I have a compilation 2LP Stones on televison 64_65. Also 2LP Live Paris L'Olympia 1965_04_17 (not too good) and few others.
If I can please ya with one of these tell me. Otherwise I'll just pick one (for others).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures