Monday, February 04, 2008

 

Buddy Holly's posthumous last LP

Buddy Holly's posthumous last LP is called The Buddy Holly Story 1959.
This 12-track compilation album was rushed out within weeks of Buddy Holly's death.
It combines what previously had been credited as Crickets group-titles and Buddy Holly solo recordings, containing all eight of Holly and the Crickets' Top 40 hits, 1957-1959: That'll Be The Day, Peggy Sue, Oh, Boy!, Maybe Baby, Rave On, Think It Over, Early In The Morning, and It Doesn't Matter Anymore, plus the chart entries Heartbeat and Raining In My Heart and the classics Everyday and It's So Easy.
There is more great Buddy Holly, of course, but this is an excellent single-LP compilation.
Check the comments to get these nice stero-versions.

Labels:


Comments:
Note : full screen window gives you the best view of the comments !

Link :
http://r#pidsh#re.com/files/89483096/H_B_C-TBHS_59.rar
Of course you understand to replace in r#pidsh#re twice the # in an a otherwise you don't have a 'valid' link !!
Paste this valid link in your browser-url and hit RETURN. You can also copy/paste the link into your 'downloadmanager'.

Pass to extract the file : 080205
The file is a small 25MB, 'cause the songs are only in low bitrate 128kbits

>>
When you see this in Google or Yahoo cache or by my Blog's search function read first the RED instructions at the top left of my Blog !
Direct link (after that go to the plain comment of this 2008_february article !) :
JeansMusicBlog
>>
 
Jean

Thanks for this, Buddy Holly was one of the reasons I started playing guitar many years ago.

Steve
 
Steve, many years ago ? But are you still playing the guitar ?
I myself can't but one of my friends did and still does (some...).
Remember our visits to eastern Europe in the seventies. Sleeping in a cheap hotel and he was playing in the lobby Bob Dylan songs and we were singing...
Just a simple remark brings back memories again.

Does other readers have too ?
 
Jean

I still play guitar but am mainly a bass player. But even to this day some 30 years from starting to play whenever I try out a new guitar the first song I usually play is Peggy Sue, followed by It's So Easy.

And you know it's never to late to learn, it might give you something else to do.

If your interested you can see my gear at www.myspace.com/ricplayersteve

Steve
 
Well...maybe I will give this album a whirl..I liked 'Everyay' and covered it many times...so maybe I'm gonna get hooked on Mr. Holly. (smiles) Eric.
 
Dit iets baie besonders! Die eerste snit, het ek saam met 'n vriend Shane Keays gespeel in 1987. Ek het glad nie geweet nie, dat dit was Buddy Holly se liedjie. Nou is ek getref. Dankie maat! Baie Dankie! Ek kan nou verstaan hoekom jy so van hom hou. Totsiens.
 
Ons het ook 'It's so easy' gedoen. Tjap my broer. Vrede. Eric.
 
Thanks again- everytime i am looking for something you seem to have it..... great taste!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Wanna see more ? Click the archive buttons in the left bar !

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
My archives pictures